LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Vision requirements????

Last post 03-06-2008, 9:55 AM by tabaching. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-18-2006, 12:28 PM 3284

Vision requirements????

Hello, this is probably the most common question...      I have pretty bad nearsightedness, and im a -4.0 (20/400) but i have heard the military accepts PRK ( a form of laser surgery) now is it possible for me to still become a fighter pilot, if so what are the steps that i must take, (as far as getting the surgery before I join, after I join, or becomeing a NFO in the navy/marines (the only branches with the surgery), get the surgery, and then apply for a pilot slot??) any help would be great. Thank you.
  •  04-18-2006, 4:09 AM 3309 in reply to 3284

Re: Vision requirements????

Indeed, that is the #1 question! You are not alone.

PRK is your best option -- currently the AF, Navy, and Marines all accept waivers for PRK provided that you meet requirements post-op (20/30 - 20/70) and are at least 3 months out of the surgery. The other good news is that the rules get looser and looser all of the time.

I've got a couple of documents that will help with the fine print. E-mail me at ace@fighter-pilot.org and I will shoot them your way.

Semper Fi!
    Ed
    http://www.fighter-pilot.org

•  06-26-2006, 8:15 PM 3447 in reply to 3309

Whatever you do, DO NOT get PRK or LASIK done privately.  It is disqualifying if you get it done privately, but not if you let the military do it for you.
  •  03-06-2008, 9:55 AM 5276 in reply to 3284

I actually had it a couple months ago and the result to me was amazing. I don’t need to wear glasses anymore, I had an eye surgery in Lasik- 1 with there free VIP Lasik-1 Evaluation (250 value).In most cases, people who have had LASIK can return to work and resume normal activities the very next day following their surgery. However, be sure to consult your doctor before engaging in swimming or any other physical activities that could disrupt the healing process.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us