LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

job of a fighter pilot in 5 years

Last post 04-21-2008, 6:25 AM by aarti. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-04-2006, 10:44 PM 3669

job of a fighter pilot in 5 years

Hello, my name is Lucas and I had a few questions for you guys in the forums.
    First off, I'm a junior in highschool and am interested in joining the USAFA. I have an excellent GPA at 4.3 and am currently in the top 1% in my class. I've seen that math is an important part of aviation, and considering I'm currently getting A's in my AP calculus BC class I don't think that should be any problem.

What my real question is—once someone becomes a fighter pilot, in this day and age (more like 5 years in the future when i would ostensibly be a pilot) will there even be any engaging of the enemy? I admit my knowledge of planes isn't that great, but from what I've seen about the new F-22 Raptors and the like, we (the US Airforce) will be destroying targets from miles away without them ever knowing we were even there.
    I know our job as a country is to save lives, and I may be egotistic for wanting this, but for me to become a fighter pilot I want that adrenaline rush of being in a dogfight. I'm an adventurous person and love to push myself over the edge, and being in those life and death situations is what I want. I know that may seem odd, but I'm sure there are those out there that feel the same.

So, the long and short of it is—if I became a pilot in 5 years, what would my job entail?

Thanks a lot,
    Lucas
  •  11-27-2006, 9:02 PM 3787 in reply to 3669

Re: job of a fighter pilot in 5 years

I'm not an expert in this but your chances of getting into a dog fight now days is close to none. I've read you get some training on it, but it is never used in real combat situations. Now i'm not a real pilot and only 14 years old, so i'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading that somewhere

Jake
  •  12-11-2006, 8:07 PM 3834 in reply to 3669

That really depends on how the world looks in 7-8 years (senior year+4 years of college+1 to 2 years of pilot training+on-the-job training).  If it is like now, most pilots will not see aerial combat.  They still train for it though.
  •  04-16-2007, 4:40 PM 4202 in reply to 3669

luckyIndifferent your too lucky
  •  04-17-2007, 11:56 AM 4207 in reply to 3669

You might not get to dogfight, but you'd still get to fly some of the baddest jets around! Hey, if you're looking for an adreneline rush while you're flying, look into a career in airplane racing. I don't know how you break into that field, but a high speed airplane race would sure give you one heck of an adreneline rush!
  •  04-17-2007, 3:45 PM 4210 in reply to 4207

robonut625:
    You might not get to dogfight, but you'd still get to fly some of the baddest jets around! Hey, if you're looking for an adreneline rush while you're flying, look into a career in airplane racing. I don't know how you break into that field, but a high speed airplane race would sure give you one heck of an adreneline rush!

I agree with that one!
  •  04-21-2008, 6:25 AM 5392 in reply to 3669

rvice Industry having total Professional force would like to invite you to join us for Aviation Studies and get a clear insight to Aviation Courses.

Following courses are conducted by us:

1.     Commercial Pilot License  (FAA –USA / CAA-UK/ DGCA syllabus)

2.        Air Hostess & Flight Purser ( UK –International  Standards )

3.        Airline Travel Management –Airport Handling & Travel / Tourism (UK

Standards)

4.        Flight Operations Officers (DGCA / FAA-USA standards)

5.        RT R (A) License

6.        Air Traffic Control Management (Basic Ground Studies)

Our prestigious faculties are stated below:

•     Veterans from the Aviation Industry with over 30Years of experience at Airports from India and United Kingdom (U.K). We currently have a bank of experienced Commercial Pilots, Flight Dispatchers and Ground Staff.

•     Captains with 20,000 hrs of flying experience in International Airlines

•      Ex. RT Examiner

Come and get advice on various options from our Professional Counselors
    & Choose the best course suited for you.

Our office is situated at # 5, Ramjarukha, S. V. Road, Andheri (W),
    Mumbai 400 058
    Tel: 20628408

Our Academy  is also coming up in Nagpur & Goa.

AB&S  is also in the following areas:

•    Recruitment (of all categories)

•    Ground handling

•    Air charters

•    Aviation consultancy  

•    Product-based marketing

•    Liaison for Airlines with Govt. & non Govt. Agencies

•    ABS- Bulletin.

We are confident this will encourage you to come and visit us.

Please note there are 20 Lacks jobs anticipated to arrive in the near future…. so stop waiting, stop reading come join us….!!!!

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us