LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

is it still possible for me to be a Pilot

Last post 12-28-2006, 6:43 PM by CAPman21. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-14-2006, 1:46 PM 3839

is it still possible for me to be a Pilot

I am 15 and a sophmore, my GPA was a 1.85 in 9th grade, if i made a 4.0 for the rest of high school id get a 3.4 overall GPA. My guess is ill end up with around a 2.8. I am putting in 12 hours of community service to a nursing home a week, and will for 2 years, that adds up to around 800 hours. Ontop of that i am also joining the Civil Air Patrol. I am going to run track, and be in Key Club. I am not a junior so i cant take my ACT yet, my sat's have always been extreamly high in 8th grade(the last time i took them) I made an 97 on the OLSAT, an 95 on the math and 97 on the science. I am predicting a 28 on my ACT i took the pretest, and i made an 28... I am wondering is there any way i can still become a pilot... I was hopping to join AFROTC but the only way i can go to collage is if i get the AFROTC scholarship. Im wondering the most, is it to late to get the ROTC scholarship? What else could i do to help me get it? and what path should i follow to become a fighter pilot?
  •  12-15-2006, 12:35 AM 3842 in reply to 3839

Re: is it still possible for me to be a Pilot

You can still apply for AFROTC.  Most people apply during their Junior/Senior year (although you can apply during college too).  You really should bring your GPA up as much as possible.  Your activities look very good, though.  You should try to do well in school and your extra-curriculars, do well in college and ROTC, that will give you a good chance.
  •  12-15-2006, 12:32 PM 3843 in reply to 3842

Does my GPA take away  my chances? i really want to become a pilot... and im hoping that my GPA wont kill my chances, what other activities would help me make up for my GPA?
  •  12-28-2006, 6:43 PM 3873 in reply to 3843

Although your gpa is an important it isn't the deciding factor.  You can compensate for having a low gpa by doing outstanding in other activities such as sports or extracurriculars. 
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us