LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Answers to Air Force Academy Questions

Last post 01-04-2011, 3:31 PM by raimius. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-17-2005, 8:38 PM 3144

Answers to Air Force Academy Questions

I just found this website yesterday and was reading some of the posts of questions about the Air Force Academy.  I am a senior in high school right now and I completed the application process.  I attended the Summer Seminar and I am in contact with numerous cadets weekly.  My experience and all the research I have done on the Air Force Academy is compiling up and so I thought I might be able to answer some questions people may have about the Air Force Academy. I have already responded to several, but many were posted months earlier so I don't know if these are even looked at anymore.  So I thought that I would let people know that I would love to answer any questions people may have or try to at least (If anything I can ask current cadets at the academy, or my liason) point in the right direction.  Please post all your questions because by answering one person's question I hope to answer many.  No question is to small or dumb and the invitation is for any middle schoolers through adults.  I will be checking the site weekly; however, I am very busy, but I will try my best to answer all the questions as quickly as I can.

Thanks and I look forward to helping.

Kinger8   
  •  06-26-2006, 8:03 PM 3444 in reply to 3144

Re: Answers to Air Force Academy Questions

Getting ready for I-day?
  •  08-30-2006, 7:26 PM 3573 in reply to 3144

Hi, I want to become a Air Force pilot but need to contact somebody in the Air force Academy, like a cadet, to help me through my High School years and I need to contact my senator and congressman. Do you know the best way to do both of these things? Also, I have a post called Air Force Academy, and I was wondering what you think my chances are about getting waivered for my eyes to become a Fighter Pilot?(you have to read the post though). Also, what is the Air Force mailing address and how do you get on it? I have just started high school and I contacted a eligibility guy in the Air Force and he put me on there database.
  •  11-08-2006, 9:57 AM 3712 in reply to 3144

Kinger, your in about the same boat I am.  What summer seminar session did you go to?  I went to Session A in Element B-3 (I think) Also, where are you in the application process?  About a week ago I got a Letter of Assurance in the mail.
  •  02-03-2007, 10:39 PM 4015 in reply to 3144

I have just realized that I would like to apply to the Air Force Academy. The problem is I have left it too late for this year. I am a senior in high school with a 4.0 grade point average. My father is a veteran and I want to become a linquist in the Air Force. The problem is that I know I have left it too late to apply as the application process is closed until March. Would it be a good idea for me to go to college for a year and work on the application process for 2008? I already have credit for some college courses.

I am a 17 year old female and wonder if it is easier for harder for a woman to be accepted to the academy? Are the athletic requirements very stringent; I am very fit but not involved in any athletic activities?  Does being in band help at all with the admission process? I hope these questions do not sound too stupid but I really have just started on the process of looking into getting into the Academy because before now--although it may sound ridiculous--I had not considered it.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

•  02-04-2007, 3:52 PM 4019 in reply to 4015

Yes, you should go to college for a year.  It will help you remain a strong candidate.  Take Math, Science, and Engineering courses where possible.  You should be able to validate some classes, if you get in next year.

The academy looks very highly on athletic activities and leadership.  Not having athletics may hurt you a bit, but your academics may counter that somewhat.  Make sure you are in shape for the CFA test next year.  You should contact your ALO soon and your congressmen no later than this summer. 

You may also want to look at Air Force ROTC at regular colleges.

•  02-04-2007, 11:46 PM 4021 in reply to 4019

How soon should I contact my ALO?  I am only a freshman, and I was thinking I should at the end of my sophmore year.  Also which is the better way to find my ALO--my counselor at school, or the number on academyadmissions.com?
  •  02-06-2007, 11:26 PM 4024 in reply to 4021

I got a hold of my ALO through my councelor.  If yours does not have contact info, then call admissions.

You could contact your ALO to get some advice, but it is not necessary until the end of your sophomore/early junior year.  Look into Summer Seminar as the first major thing to apply to.

•  03-17-2007, 4:17 AM 4128 in reply to 4015

It's great that you're interested but you have to be truly committed or even if you get in you won't stick.  Attending an Academy is not something you just realize you want to try...you have to want it more than anything and be willing to go through a lot of difficult and exhausting trials from the get go.  So think about why you want to go and how bad you need to be there.

Wome comprise about 200 some odd cadets out of each class as I recall but you aren't interested in averages, you are only interested in being one of the 200 plus.

Sports are very important.  Every one is required to play a sport in the ACAD's as I recall, so it makes sense that they would want to see a candidate play sports in H.S..  Band is one of the activities that will earn you some points in one of the components of the composit scoring system.

Good GPA and solid SAT's are important as well.

Why did you suddenly decide so late that you want to deo something so demanding?

Good luck!

•  12-17-2007, 5:43 PM 4968 in reply to 3144

I am applying to the summer seminar in January.  Is it likely for me to get accepted?  How old were you when you went to summer seminar?

•  05-09-2008, 3:05 AM 5422 in reply to 3144

Hi guys, I am already 27 years old, I am a grauate of Infomation Tehcnology Course.
    Since I was young I am rreally interested of becoming a airforce pilot. My question is, is there any way I could become one?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Johnson

You can get 5,000 free points to spend on building backlinks to your website. These points will allow you to get free text link ads on up to 5,000 quality websites. The offer simply requires a DigitalPoint forums membership.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=477444
  •  05-11-2008, 8:59 PM 5429 in reply to 5422

(I'm assuming that course was a B.S. or B.A. degree)

You could apply through Air Force OTS (29 is the age limit for pilot slots).  The academy only takes people up to age 23.

•  05-11-2008, 8:59 PM 5430 in reply to 5422

(I'm assuming that course was a B.S. or B.A. degree)

You could apply through Air Force OTS (29 is the age limit for pilot slots).  The academy only takes people up to age 23.

•  01-02-2009, 3:26 PM 6297 in reply to 3144

My question is about the Summer Seminar. I am very interested in attending, but I haven't seen age or grade requirements mentioned anywhere. I am a junior this year, and would attend the Summer Seminar (in theory..) during the summer between my junior and senior year. Does the Academy accept students that have not completed their senior year to the Summer Seminar?
  •  01-02-2009, 9:57 PM 6299 in reply to 6297

Summer Seminar is ONLY for those between their junior and senior years in high school.  The application is online at www.academyadmissions.com.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us