LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Color deficient?

Last post 03-24-2010, 8:42 PM by bmather9. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-13-2010, 3:04 PM 9030

Color deficient?

Hi.

I am 14 and looking to join the Air Force as an airlift pilot (no desire to fly fighters). I should be able to pass all requirements except for color vision. I am slightly red-green color blind. I can tell the difference bright red, bright green, and white easily, but I can't seem to pass the plate test (trying to find numbers or letters inside of a circle). Four questions:

1. Would I still be allowed to fly cargo planes (C-130, C-17) even with my color deficiency?

2. Is there any alternative test (FALANT, etc.) that I could take that would be easier to pass than the plates?

3. Is there anything I can do to either improve my color deficiency or do better on the color tests? (I have 4 years to do any excercises necessary)

4. Where can I test my color vision now? (I have found online tests to be inaccurate; one test I took said I had near-normal color vision, another of the same test said I was moderatley red-green colorblind.)

-Thanks
    mikestrong19

•  03-24-2010, 8:42 PM 9057 in reply to 9030

Re: Color deficient?

Military aviation color vision policies will change, its just a matter of time: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3912/is_201002/ai_n52372967/?tag=content;col1
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us