LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Tips? Advice? Thanks!

Last post 07-16-2009, 12:24 PM by Tovarish1. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-23-2009, 4:12 PM 7847

Tips? Advice? Thanks!

Hiya folks. I'm starting my freshman year in HS and I'm definitely gonna try out for some ROTC there. But besides going to OCS, and getting some good grades, what other things are good to have to achieve being a fighter pilot? By the way, I'm not talking about joining the USAF. I'm planning on being a USMC aviator. I understand the USMC requirements might be a little different from the USAF requirements but for the most part, I bet they're the same. Even so? Anyone got any tips? If so, I'll be replying quickly! Thanks a bunch! PS I don't know if this is a USAF forum ONLY, so if so, please tell me. Because I've been on a forum for naval aviation ONLY, well, naval and USMC. PSS I've seen a video of a recruiter talking about how to be an aviator and I heard him say something about some "written air test". Can anyone fill me in as to what that is? Thanks a lot! Once more, I'll rapidly reply because I check maybe every hour or so! (Sorry this post is so long and I've probably spent some of your time).
  •  06-23-2009, 8:59 PM 7849 in reply to 7847

Re: Tips? Advice? Thanks!

This is not an AF specific forum, but most questions are about AF stuff.

I do not know the differences between USAF and USMC flight qualifications, selections, etc.

ROTC is a college program.  There are several commissioning programs for each service.  ROTC, the respective service academy (USAFA for AF, USNA for navy/marines), or OCS.  That will enable one to be commissioned as an officer.  To get a pilot slot is a further step beyond that.  (After this point, I don't know much about the USMC side of things).

•  06-23-2009, 9:29 PM 7850 in reply to 7849

Thanks for the help. Yeah that's the problem about wanting to be a USMC fighter because most people just mostly know about Navy and Air Force. So you can't take ROTC in HS? I'll have to look into the USNA. Thanks, appreciate it!
  •  06-23-2009, 9:31 PM 7851 in reply to 7849

Oh you know what I think I meant by ROTC in HS. I probably meant JROTC. Forgot the J.
  •  07-16-2009, 11:52 AM 8014 in reply to 7851

You should definitely take ROTC in high school. Im in Air Force ROTC even though i plan on joining the USMC or the USN. It will give you access to scholarships and increase your chances of being selected. I do not know the requirements for the USMC but I imagine they are the same for the USN.
  •  07-16-2009, 12:24 PM 8015 in reply to 8014

Yeah. Once again, I'm a freshman so I'll probably enroll in JROTC. Because real ROTC is in college. The only thing I'm worried about is if I wash out of flight school, they'll most likely reclassify me as a supply officer or some other MOS I didn't want or didn't consider for that matter. I'm not gonna settle for anything except a combat arms MOS.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us