LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I Need A Pilots Help....

Last post 05-27-2009, 6:08 PM by The_Grey_Eyed_Goddess. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-2009, 1:43 AM 7554

Travel [ap] I Need A Pilots Help....

I am 19 years old, im Graduating in a few weeks and im thinking of joining the USMC to become in one form or another a pilot. I tried applying for the Navy and Air Force but due to my Christian Self Paced schooling they said i wasn't eligible to enlist so i went to the next obvious choice the Marines, but i want to know the simplest and/or quickest chance to become a pilot... also is their a way to get a wavier to allow me to join the AF or Navy??? any help will be appreciated. i have a 2.5 out of 3.0 GPA so im partially smart...lol im going to be studing to take the asvab test so i can get a good job, ive been practicing and taking practice test to help. Thanks

Sincerly,
    Hopeful Teen
  •  05-24-2009, 1:22 AM 7637 in reply to 7554

Re: I Need A Pilots Help....

I'm confused about your schooling.  You have passed a high school equivalency test, and taken the SAT or ACT, correct?  If not, you need to do so ASAP.

You cannot be an enlisted pilot in the Air Force.  All Air Force pilots are commissioned officers.  That means you need a 4 year degree and a commission from the USAF Academy, Air Force ROTC, or OTS. 

The ASVAB has no relevance for officer commissioning programs.

•  05-25-2009, 1:27 PM 7644 in reply to 7637

No i haven't taken my act or sat yet but ill be doing it in june... i've actually been looking into the officers programs and i'd like to try Platoon Leaders Course or AFROTC, but i wont be going to college full time until the next spring, i will be doing part time college to fill in my langage courses not offered by my school... am i still a canidate for either one???
  •  05-26-2009, 10:28 PM 7652 in reply to 7644

If you meet the requirements at http://www.afrotc.com/, you should be good.

Without some sort of standardized academic test records, you may not be competitive for a scholarship.  They need to have confidence in your academic abilities, based on a reliable basis for comparison.

•  05-27-2009, 6:08 PM 7662 in reply to 7652

You could do what I'm doing and just skip the military and get your pilots licence on your own-?

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us