LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Need to know some info please.

Last post 01-31-2008, 5:48 PM by raimius. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-24-2008, 11:48 AM 5127

Need to know some info please.

Ok so I've had alot of dificulty finding information on becoming a military based helicopter pilot. I can't find requirements, opportunities, benefits,and/or training information. I can't find anything like that so i was wondering if you could help me out.(I preferably would be looking for positions relating to the USAF) I'm taking an engineering major when i get to college, I'm 17 and am a junior in highschool.

Also if you could for a career based project im doing in school i need to interview someone via email for info on a military pilot, so if you could a person email address i could contact would be nice.

•  01-24-2008, 8:46 PM 5129 in reply to 5127

Re: Need to know some info please.

You should check out Baseops.net forums.  They have a lot of info on that site.

I'll answer any direct questions you have.  I'll caveat that with--I'm an OTS grad and a fixed wing dude (going to the A-10).  If you want to be a pilot, the USAFA is your best bet.  Shoot me back with some questions.

•  01-26-2008, 12:51 AM 5134 in reply to 5127

While the USAF does have helicopters, we don't have nearly as many as the Army.  Your best bet would be in the Army. 

USAF helicopter pilots go to UPT and learn on the Texan II first, then track select to go into helicopters (with further training in UH-1s).  I don't know how many helo slots there usually are, but I'm going to guess that there aren't many.  The only helicopters the USAF uses are for special operations and guarding missile bases.

•  01-27-2008, 4:08 PM 5137 in reply to 5129

Hi, Im an enlisted flyer at the moment, working on my master's degree... 23 years old right now and Im contemplating going to OTS to become a pilot. I had a couple questions on how to go about it, what I should have as prerequisites, and what are the chances of getting picked up for it out of OTS (im told its about 1%). If you could help me out, I would really appriciate it! SSgt. Ryan Combes
  •  01-31-2008, 5:48 PM 5150 in reply to 5137

I really don't know a whole lot about that route, but I think there is info at www.wantscheck.org or in their forums.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us