LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

USAF fighter pilot

Last post 10-11-2007, 12:31 PM by eaglei022. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-01-2007, 2:54 PM 4662

USAF fighter pilot

Hey, im active duty enlisted in usaf, i want to become a fighter pilot more than anything, i more than meet the physical demands, but i dont have a degree and where should i go once i get a degree? how do i become commissoned?
  •  09-03-2007, 8:01 PM 4664 in reply to 4662

Re: USAF fighter pilot

There are three ways to get a commission--ROTC, OTS, or the Academy.  I don't know about going AFROTC from enlisted.  There are approximately 50 slots for enlisted to go to the Academy each year.  Probably the most used way would be get a degree, then go OTS.  I'd check with your Education and Training Flight in the Mission Support Squadron for more info.
  •  10-11-2007, 12:31 PM 4739 in reply to 4662

Re: USAF fighter pilot

Talk to your supervisor at your squadron. When I was enlisted they told me there used to be something called bootstrap, I beleive. It's where they let you out of active duty, pay for your school, commision you and bring you back in. I was going to look into it but I got out and now I'm just doing AFROTC. I don't know if you have already but make sure you get good EPR's, do whatever you can to get alot of bullets. Also Airman of the quarter or year probably wouldnt hurt either :).    Stay out of trouble, its alot easier as you know to get into trouble in the military then civilian so keep your nose clean. Start off right with school, don't overload yourself and take it seriously.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us