corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

How are international students at the academy regarded to ?

Last post 04-22-2007, 11:07 AM by golfer779. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2007, 4:24 AM 4085

How are international students at the academy regarded to ?

The USAFA website says that there are about 60 international students at the academy. Are those students treated exacly the same way as US cadets ? I mean, do they have their own unit (or group or class or...) specially for them, do they also have a chance to get scholarships or stuff like that ? What is different for international students ?
  •  03-07-2007, 1:01 PM 4102 in reply to 4085

Re: How are international students at the academy regarded to ?

International cadets are treated very similarly to everyone else here.  The only exceptions that I have seen is that sometimes they will not be invited to certain briefings.  They are part of the standard squadrons.
  •  04-04-2007, 11:44 AM 4162 in reply to 4085

International cadets are treated virtually the exact same as everyone else.  The only exception is sometimes they get extra time to take tests because English is a second language.  The other differences is in the summer sometimes they go do military training in thier home countries.  My squadron has a girl from bulgaria and she is just as much part of the family as anyone else.

•  04-22-2007, 11:07 AM 4235 in reply to 4162

Their security clearance tends to be different.  If you're there as an international cadet try to excel and get some higher-up wing positions, as there tends to be a lack of that from what I've seen (except public affairs).  The trouble is people generally leave them alone for whatever reason, so try to rise about if you're going to do that.

The offer a unique perspective though and it's great having them here, especially from countries like Iraq where having someone from the Academy is going to be a great thing.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us