LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Sorry for the Double messages.

Last post 05-12-1999, 1:59 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-1999, 8:46 PM 392

Sorry for the Double messages.

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    RUN sorry for the double messages, as I said it's not intentional. I'll try to explain why people are doing this...
    When you have finished a message and the 'Submit Form' the computer acts as if it has locked up (like some kind of problem with writing to the database)but the hour glass comes up and the mouse still moves about. The other day I waited for 5 mins but still nothing, it makes you think the message has not been sent. When you click the stop button in your browser to have another go the message gets sent and you find a double message in the Forum. It might be a clever idea to put a little flashing tick with the message "message posted" to the right of the "subject, Name, E-mail" fields to notify the user that the transaction went ok.

I just thought you will like to know what's going on on our end as it could just be our fault.

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-12-1999, 10:45 AM 398 in reply to 392

Re:Sorry for the Double messages.

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [RUN sorry for the double messages, as I said it's not intentional. I'll try to explain why people are doing this...
    When you have finished a message and the 'Submit Form' the computer acts as if it has locked up (like some kind of problem with writing to the database)but the hour glass comes up and the mouse still moves about. The other day I waited for 5 mins but still nothing, it makes you think the message has not been sent. When you click the stop button in your browser to have another go the message gets sent and you find a double message in the Forum. It might be a clever idea to put a little flashing tick with the message "message posted" to the right of the "subject, Name, E-mail" fields to notify the user that the transaction went ok.

I just thought you will like to know what's going on on our end as it could just be our fault.

Regards

Rapier]

Does anybody else have that problem ? If they do please post a message. It shouldn't take more than max 10 sec.
    Unfortunately I'm going to be away from the computer a couple of days, so I won't be able to answer any questions for a while.

RUN
  •  05-12-1999, 1:59 PM 404 in reply to 392

Re:Sorry for the Double messages.

*** Posted by RUN ***
    I just had time for another comment. It's not very hard to make a little message saying "Please wait while the database is beeing updated", so I think I will make that on monday.
    RUN
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us