LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

pilot wanna be

Last post 08-18-2006, 2:06 AM by screwball. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-27-2006, 1:47 PM 3515

pilot wanna be

Hey, I know my question may seem run of the mill but I assure you it's not. I have been lucky enough to have been given some options that people would kill for. But I have a problem or two. You see, some day i'd like to be a fighter pilot (oviasly) but, I live in canada. Now I have been given the option to join air cadets (i'm 15) where I can get my gliders and powered pilots liscence for FREE. I was thinking though, should I just join the RCAF and try to get a  fighter slot to fly the CF-18, or if possible, can I go for a fighter slot in the Marines, USAF, or Army Air Force and if it is possible. what is it that i'd have to do to get into an american air force? I would like to fly for the US becuase, although the canadian flight training program is very very good, there aren't eqsactly as many fighter slots being a more peaceful country. I do plan on going to university and getting my batchloers in either math or the arts and I grow up in a very militaterized inviroment, only difference is i'd be the first zoomie. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks
  •  07-27-2006, 9:09 PM 3519 in reply to 3515

Re: pilot wanna be

Sorry if I came off as a *** or something but any help is realy realy appretiated. Or I guess no one wants to help me as usual.Sad
  •  07-28-2006, 1:30 PM 3523 in reply to 3519

Well, I don't see why you shouldn't join the Air Cadets.  A lot of our fighter pilots were in the Civil Air Patrrol over here as kids, and a lot of CAP cadets go to the USAFA. 

About joining the Canadian military...you could probably get a fighter slot.  I know that it seems difficult, but, hey, obviously people do make it.  If nobody tried there wouldn't be any pilots.  As for our service academies, they do take international students.  You are not commissioned into our military, but it would probably look good if you went back to Canada and you tried to get a pilot slot.  Here is something that might help you.  It is for the USAFA, and it is probably the same policy for the other service academies, too.

http://www.academyadmissions.com/admissions/howtoapply/international.php

Good luck!

•  08-18-2006, 2:06 AM 3541 in reply to 3523

thank you for the reply!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services