LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Do I need 20/20 vision to be a pilot?

Last post 01-25-2008, 1:04 PM by hale2008. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-07-2006, 10:12 PM 3203

Do I need 20/20 vision to be a pilot?

The answer to this common question is a resounding "NO!"

The reason that I post this particular question is that there is a common misconception out there that you need 20/20 vision or that you can't have had laser eye surgery to get a flight slot. These rules have been relaxed considerably since 1997 (and some before that). I have a bunch of fighter buddies who have had the eye surgery, all with good success....and all are flying jets as we speak.

If anyone wants more information regarding eyesight requirements or waivers for PRK (not Lasik), etc..., e-mail me at ace@fighter-pilot.org. I've got some documentation from official correspondence that may help you get a waiver if you need one.

Semper Fi!

http://www.air-force-pilot.com

•  03-10-2006, 8:58 PM 3257 in reply to 3203

Re: Do I need 20/20 vision to be a pilot?

thanks for the info!

semperfly, you give a lot of help, sometimes I think too much, you're gonna make the selection process hard for me with all the people you've convinced to become fighter pilots lol.
  •  03-15-2006, 1:49 AM 3279 in reply to 3203

That's the idea...actually, the numbers are still in your favor...as long as you get "the gouge."

http://www.air-force-pilot.com
  •  01-25-2008, 1:04 PM 5133 in reply to 3279

Before I had my treatment with Dr. Wiles at Lasik-1, I had trouble seeing clearly even with my glasses on. Now I can see my alarm clock without holding it in front of my face and I can see road signs without squinting. I don’t hate driving at night anymore. My life is so much better now; I only wish I had gone to Lasik-1 sooner! Thank you for helping me see what I’ve been missing!"

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us