LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I want to become a pilot

Last post 06-03-2005, 7:47 AM by PatrickE. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-02-2005, 5:36 PM 2942

I want to become a pilot

I am a senior in high school, 18 years old. I have always wanted to be a pilot but never really thought about it until recently. I was planning on going to a community college next year and then transfer over to a 4 year (either state or university) after two years, however, now I want to plan out what I need to do to become a pilot.

I am not really educated in what I need to do to become a pilot in the air force, so I've come here. From what I have researched, I would probably need to go to ROTC? I doubt I will be qualified for the AFA.

Can someone explain to me what I need to do? Is it impossible and too late for me to join or is it possible for me to become a pilot? I want to work hard and I am determined. I will do everything in my power and everything I can to become a pilot.

Thanks,
    Nick
  •  06-02-2005, 7:27 PM 2943 in reply to 2942

Re: I want to become a pilot

Definetly not too late..

Your options depend on which branch (Air Force or Navy) you want to fly in, but because you mentioned the Air Force, I'll explain those..

You could either enroll in the Air Force ROTC at a participating college, or you could join the Air National Guard, then go to college, and try to get a pilot slot after you graduate.  The big difference between the Air Force and the Air National Guard is that the ANG is part-time, so you fly one weekend per month and there's a two week summer camp; in the Air Force you fly full time.  Your decision between the two basically lies in if you want to fly full time or part time, and if you want to go to a colleges with the AFROTC programs, or any college (you can go to any college if you're in the ANG).

You can find more info on the AFRTOC here: http://www.afrotc.com/
    More info on the ANG here: http://www.goang.com/

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know..
  •  06-03-2005, 2:41 AM 2945 in reply to 2942

I want to join the AF and fly full time, rather than join the NAVY or the ANG and fly part time.

I researched a bit more and figured out I can still go to community college and attend a ROTC course at the local state college (SJSU) once a week, which Ohlone allows. This seems to be the route that I will most likely take.

Hopefuly when I see a recruiter sometime soon, he can tell me more information about this.
  •  06-03-2005, 7:47 AM 2947 in reply to 2942

Good luck with everything, let me know if you need more information.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us