LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Eyesite

Last post 01-08-2009, 5:22 PM by raimius. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-12-2003, 4:53 PM 2152

Eyesite

I am fourteen and am going to become a fighter pilot. I have bad vision and usually wear contacts. I am planning to get my eyes fixed when im older. Will this affect my chances of getting to fly planes for the U.S. Air Force? If so, I am willing to do ANYTHING to be able to fly.
  •  04-02-2003, 7:32 AM 2223 in reply to 2152

Re: Eyesite

The solution you have in mind is not going to effect your future career but there are chances you can be better than the others; like going in for taking your natural eye and put a BIONIC eye instead but the problem is you would lose your status or defenition as a human being as per rules because of electronic assistance. GOOD LUCK partner.
  •  01-06-2009, 1:09 PM 6313 in reply to 2152

Before you get your eyes fixed, you must realize that just because you wear contacts does not mean that you can't fly in the Air Force. I wear contacts and my vision is still good enough without contacts that I still qualify for the Air Force. You must also realize that some eye surgeries will disqualify you for the Air Force. So be careful, because you probably still qualify for the Air Force. 
  •  01-08-2009, 5:22 PM 6329 in reply to 2152

DO NOT have any surgery (including LASIK) unless an Air Force doctor knows your plans and has approved it.  Eye surgery is likely to be a disqualifier for flight status, unless the AF approved it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us