LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I live in Australia with US citizenship and want to be a US pilot

Last post 03-21-2003, 8:49 PM by Mr Spank. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-16-2003, 6:25 AM 2119

I live in Australia with US citizenship and want to be a US pilot

Unfortunately i did bad at school here, but am currently repeating maths. What are my chances, especially after living in Australia all my life. I am 19 now. Do you require high grades or passes to apply or can you take tests to determine your eligibility and if so, what are the tests like, mathematically. In Aus here, you cannot even apply unless you have passes in maths, physics and two other subjects at yr 12 (last yr of school) level. oh yeah, I am going to the US in a month for a few months to investigate in person.
  •  02-12-2003, 8:00 PM 2153 in reply to 2119

Re: I live in Australia with US citizenship and want to be a US pilot

You gotta be kidding me. This is a serious question, and not one person bothers to reply.
  •  02-13-2003, 10:07 PM 2156 in reply to 2153

Hi Mr Spank

The lack of response may be because of the forum you are posting in. The Aviation Top 100 Questions forum doesn't have that much to do with your question.

I am a Danish pilot and in Denmark you have to have fairly good grades, but the Air Force will test you themselves and lean more to the result of those tests than anything else. In US I think you need to have good grades to become a pilot. Their selection process is far from as thorough as the one in Denmark, so I would think they tend to lean towards the previous grades.
    When I went through testing in Denmark it was only like 2 percent of the ones they accepted for testing that made it to the actual pilot training.
  •  02-26-2003, 6:04 AM 2167 in reply to 2156

Thanks for your response. I am actually moving to USA in 3 weeks to pursue my dream. I am hoping to get in their maintenance side, and do a degree while working in an enlisted career, and taking it from there. Are you saying it's easier to get in the US airforce than the Danish airforce? If so would you contribute this to the size of the US airforce?
  •  02-26-2003, 7:26 AM 2168 in reply to 2167

Partly size, but it is more a money issue. It is extremely expensive to educate and train a pilot and US doesn't mind spending a little more. Either in extra training needed or just by accepting more "dropouts" during the actual training.
    They also have some stupid monority rules that tells them they have to have such and such a percentage of each minority group. This in some cases make them select students that in my opinion would have been better of doing something else.
  •  03-03-2003, 5:20 AM 2176 in reply to 2168

So, I have a good chance at making it to the cockpit of an F16, or F15,18, in the future after obtaining a degree, while working as a maintenance guy?
  •  03-20-2003, 5:29 AM 2197 in reply to 2153

Oh, come on! *s* Give the guy a break, please. I agree that the question is practically unanswerable just like that, but there is no harm giving it a shot. And its nice to see that somebody actually is ready to go hell far to see if ones dream can be made true.
    Kind regards.
  •  03-21-2003, 8:49 PM 2205 in reply to 2197

Thanks, behere. I leave next Fri for USA.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us