ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

bad outlook

•  01-14-2008, 3:49 PM

bad outlook

I really, really, really, really want to be a fighterpilot (just like everyone else here I guess) but when I was 12 or so years old my eyesight took a turn for the worse and to become a fighterpilot here (in Sweden) you need perfect vision, no exceptions, so eventually I just gave up on it.

I'm 20 now and I really have to decide what I want to do with my life and I saw that one actually has a chance of becoming a fighterpilot in the US even with less than 20/20 vision. I'm not a US citizen though (duh) so I realize that doing so would be next to impossible, but if I want to try, how would I go about it?

I think I have what it takes in every area except eyesight. I'm naturally calm in tense situations, I have good spatial abilities, good hand to eye coordination. I don't have perfect grades but I'm pretty intelligent (not trying to sound arrogant, but I scored the highest grade in both math and physics without studying). I'm a bit skinny, but I don't have any medical condition that I'm aware of. My English skills are good too. None of that makes me a good pilot but I think and hope I have what it takes.

I know I will have to apply to an American college, but any advice further than that would be appreciated. And I don't need to hear "you can't do it so don't try"
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us