LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

A question about OCS and college

Last post 01-12-2010, 1:28 AM by US FlyBoy. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-01-2010, 8:44 PM 8782

A question about OCS and college

I know that by having a college degree you can go into the military as an officer, and that you have to have a degree in order to be a fighter pilot.
    However if I was to go to OCS then could I be eligible to be a fighter pilot without having to go through college.

Another question I have is that if a go to college before joining the military then can I still get some money to pay of college debt.

I would appreciate any help I can get.
  •  01-05-2010, 9:28 PM 8802 in reply to 8782

Re: A question about OCS and college

I don't know about the other services, but for Air Force OTS, you need a degree.
  •  01-06-2010, 12:25 PM 8807 in reply to 8802

Thanks, that answered my first question.
     My second question was if I went to college and got a degree then joined the Air Force, could I get some money to help pay off college debt. I ask this because I have heard that if someone joins the military first, then they can get some money to pay for college.
    I don't want this to be taken wrong; I'm not wanting to join the military just to pay for college. I have really wanted to join the military for several years now, even if it meant enlisting, but I was told by someone who enlisted in the Army that it would be far better to go into the military as an officer. Plus I am still considering trying to be a fighter pilot because I love flying. I am planing on going to college primarily because I think it would beneficial to me in the military. I am still not sure what I want to get a degree in, I am thinking something along the lines of aerospace engineering; but I am only 16 yrs. old so I guess I have some time to think about it.

Thanks again for your help!
  •  01-11-2010, 6:24 PM 8832 in reply to 8807

I really don't know that much about OTS.  I would call someone working as an officer recruiter (not the standard recruiter) or OTS.
  •  01-12-2010, 1:28 AM 8835 in reply to 8832

Thanks!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home