LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Army start?

Last post 11-17-2015, 1:59 AM by nainaimi. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-29-2008, 12:17 PM 5144

Army start?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for the Warrant Officer Flight Training Program. I'm 18 and still in High School, so I have no obligation yet. My question is, if I fly Helicopters for the Army for my six years, probably get airborne and air assault qualified along the way, as well as my diploma, will the Air Force accept me into Flight Training so long as I'm under the maximum age limit? I've been hearing from some veterans that the Air Force doesn't take army or navy pilots, but they haven't served in a long time, and my father who was an AF pilot flew with a few guys who were former army aviators. I'm just wondering if anyone has any perspective on if the modern Air Force would take me.
  •  01-31-2008, 5:51 PM 5152 in reply to 5144

Re: Army start?

I wouldn't reccomend that.  I don't know the chances, but the AF has been cutting personnel lately.  The higher ups realized that cutting people would not pay for new aircraft and are rethinking that, but I doubt the AF will be hurting for pilots any time soon.

***that is mostly my speculation though.

•  02-05-2008, 10:29 PM 5176 in reply to 5144

Yes, you can do it.  The Air Force has a "Fixed Wing Qual" course for dudes in that exact situtation.  Most are guard/reserve dudes, but I know a guy flying Vipers on Active Duty that flew Cobras first.
  •  11-17-2015, 1:59 AM 14176 in reply to 5144

great....soo cool
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home