LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Im a freshman, and these are my plans. Do i have a shot at USAFA

Last post 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-14-2007, 2:52 PM 4689

Im a freshman, and these are my plans. Do i have a shot at USAFA

I am a freshman in High School, and all my life i have dreamed of becoming a pilot and graduating from The Air force Academy. This is what i do and plan on doing.
    I am on the Varsity Cross Country Team right now, and plan on joining the Indoor and Outdoor track team. Hopefully i will be made captain of one of them next year.Its too early in the school year, but i plan on joining the Activities committee, community service club, and the National Honors Society. I am in excellent physical shape and I take all Honors classes. For now its just Honors (and my grades are mostly high A's) but when they become available next year i will be taking AP courses. I am in ROTC and very soon plan on starting Civil Air Patrol and earning the Mitchell Award. I was a Boy Scout and got up to First Class but had to stop, but i heard of another troop in my township so im thinking of starting that up again for the community service aspect, and i heard being an Eagle Scout really helps. I come from a military family, and having both parents in the Air Force, i know all there is to know about military life. I am in contact with my State Senators and Reps and they know i will be applying in 2 years and they support me. Do i have a chance, and if not can you tell me what i should do to better my chances? Thanks a ton, i apprecitate it a lot.i know it dont have SAT and class rank or GPA, (as of now its a 4.0, and im a month through school) but still. Thanks.
  •  09-14-2007, 11:03 PM 4690 in reply to 4689

Re: Im a freshman, and these are my plans. Do i have a shot at USAFA

Looks good.  Remember, academics, leadership, and sports.  Only do what you want to do.  If your heart isn't in something, it is probably not worth pushing.  Do not participate in something so you  better your odds, but because it is something you enjoy.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us