LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force vs. Navy

Last post 10-11-2007, 1:00 PM by eaglei022. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-02-2007, 9:50 PM 4014

Air Force vs. Navy

Hey.... yeah its another highschooler dreaming of flying in the Navy.... I was wondering what the differences are in becoming a Naval pilot and an Airforce pilot?? training and such.... im pretty passionate about becoming a fighter pilot or just a pilot in general, in the Navy... Its funny becuase everyone asks what I want to be when I grow up and im always like "a fighter pilot".... nobody even takes you seriously, there like ohh yeah sure everone wants to do that... I think I actually have a chance though, I love flying, I play endless simulators (civilian and military) and am pretty well disciplined (wrestling).  my latest achievement was beating ace combat, the whole game in 45 minutes on hard haha....

•  02-04-2007, 4:08 PM 4020 in reply to 4014

Re: Air Force vs. Navy

Well, the biggest difference is that you would be flying off of aircraft carriers vs. runways.  Your missions would generally be shorter because carriers are often closer to the target.

You should be looking into Navy ROTC in college, or applying to Annapolis next year.  I hope your grades and extracurriculars are good, because you will need that to get into Annapolis or NROTC scholarships.  If not, you can join NROTC without a scholarship.

Please don't brag about gaming accomplishments.  People will not take you seriously.  Ace combat is a horrible simulator.  Real combat is usually a couple hours of flying a predetermined route, then a few minutes of a pre-planned bombing run, followed by more hours of flying back.

•  07-10-2007, 9:34 PM 4520 in reply to 4014

Same hear, dude. I think I'll be competitive for the service academies and I can't decide whether the Air Force or Navy would be better for me.  I speculate that there is more of an oportunity to have a combat role in the Navy, based on kill ratios from Vietnam, and the fact that there is a high posibility of being put in a cargo/transportation type role in the Air Force. Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong. If anybody has any information on the difference between Air Force and Navy aviation please let me know.
  •  07-11-2007, 1:05 AM 4526 in reply to 4014

It might also depend on your qualifications and skills. Choose the one that fits you.

•  10-11-2007, 1:00 PM 4746 in reply to 4526

You wanna know how I would decide? I'd decide on the one who accepts me.. If I have trouble having the AF accept me then try NAVY. If they accept you, its a pilot seat no matter what branch..  Then after that start looking at the life, Aircraft carriers you live on.. stay out at sea. Airforce always on land, get to go camping in the desert though.. Thats my outlook :)
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us