LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

female fighters

Last post 04-26-2007, 12:50 AM by raimius. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-25-2007, 3:49 PM 4066

female fighters

Iv Been thinking and planning to become a fighter pilot since i first watched Top Gun with my dad at a young age (ok so hollywood isnt a great resource) But it introduced me to the F-14 and i got the idea that flying planes was a career. Im still working very hard in highschool with my grades and trying to set up a path to the AF academy! and a plan B (AFROTC)

I guess my question is college? i mean what specific classes would i take to further my chances of going to flight school after becoming an officer? 

And i always hear about male pilots...which is cool but what about the women? are they successful 

•  02-25-2007, 9:23 PM 4068 in reply to 4066

Re: female fighters

Good job on keeping your grades high!  Remember that you will also need leadership and athletic activities.

In college it does not matter what degree you get.  Being strong in math and science wouldn't hurt though.  Your grades and performance in college determine your chances to get into pilot training. 

Women do fine as pilots...in fact, there have been studies that show women can take G forces better than men.  The USAF Thunderbirds have a woman flying in the number 3 slot (right side of the diamond) right now.

•  04-16-2007, 3:56 PM 4191 in reply to 4066

FEMALE PILOTS ROCKBig Smile
  • Yes
  •  04-22-2007, 10:13 PM 4239 in reply to 4191

ChickFighterpilot:
    FEMALE PILOTS ROCKBig Smile
  • Yes

Now I want to be a female pilot! What is the age range for admittance to such training? I am currently in a girl boarding school finishing high school. I am planning to take up an enginnering course in college. Would that help my "female fighter" dream?
  •  04-26-2007, 12:50 AM 4248 in reply to 4239

ROTC, service academies, or OTS/OCS will get you an officer's commission, then you can compete for a pilot slot
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us