LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Desperate f-14 pilot wanna be here plz help

Last post 05-24-2005, 8:54 AM by PatrickE. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-18-2005, 10:08 PM 2928

Desperate f-14 pilot wanna be here plz help

Sup guys.. I really need some information on becoming a F-14 combat pilot .. It has been my dream since I was 6. I just graduated from junior high with high honors all 2 years.. and am going to high school next year. I am taking algebra one. phys/chem science, world history, german 1, health, and english one.. any advice on classes to take further in high school.. And also what programs can i enlist to get into a pilot school.. Im in track and tennis. And earned a presidentail phsycial award for junior high school. any other information would be gladly appreciated.

•  05-19-2005, 5:39 PM 2930 in reply to 2928

Re: Desperate f-14 pilot wanna be here plz help

Cgreuel,

The F-14 is presently being retired, and won't be available in several years when you'd be able to f ly.  At that time the Navy will probably be flying the F/A-18E/F and the F-35.
  •  05-19-2005, 8:33 PM 2932 in reply to 2928

no !!! how could they lol.. ok thx man.. how about any info on those aircraft if you have any.. thx
  •  05-20-2005, 11:17 AM 2933 in reply to 2932

Cgreuel wrote:
    no !!! how could they lol.. ok thx man.. how about any info on those aircraft if you have any.. thx

The F/A-18E/F (referred to as the Super Hornet) is quite new.  It is a newer, larger version of the F/A-18A/B/C/D.  As the designation tells you, it is a fighter and an attack aircraft, so you can do both air-to-air and air-to-ground operations.

The F-35 (referred to as the Joint Strike Fighter) is still in development, but is suppose to go into operation in 2010 (I believe).  It is truly a next generation fighter aircraft, and it will server the USAF, USN, Marines, NATO, and various US allies.  It is a low-observability aircraft (stealth) with the most advanced sensor suite of any aircraft I've ever heard of..  The plane flies on auto-pilot basically the entire time, and it needs to, because the pilot spends all his time gathering information from the aircrafts sensors.  Really the only reason there is even a pilot in the cockpit is because we lack the bandwidth to securely send all the information down for someone to remotely control.  The F-35 will have a normal variant, a carrier variant with larger wings, and a STOVL (short take off and vertical landing) variant.

These two aircraft are hugely different; the F-35 will be stealth, much faster, with much better sensors, and probably much more leathality and survivability.  However, unlike the F-35, pilots of the F/A-18E/F will really be piloting the aircraft.
  •  05-23-2005, 7:55 PM 2934 in reply to 2928

thanks alot man.. I looked into the hornet, it looks like quite an intersting fighter.. can u advise me on any classes to take in high school?
  •  05-24-2005, 8:54 AM 2935 in reply to 2928

I would suggest you work hard in math and science classes, and you may consider taking some computer and electronics classes.  However, the most important thing is do what you enjoy, so if you really like art or history, there won't be too much of a problem in you taking those classes as long as you always work hard.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us