LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I know what lifestyle it takes to be choosen as a pilot

Last post 10-17-2004, 7:48 PM by lilryno. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-25-2004, 9:38 AM 2579

I know what lifestyle it takes to be choosen as a pilot

But i need someone to help me get there what courses should i take in rotc to become a comisioned officer and get into the air force and start training.
    I know it will be lucky if i get choosen but i know i will beacuse ill do what it takes and more.

Name:CHRIS
  •  08-25-2004, 5:33 PM 2580 in reply to 2579

Re: I know what lifestyle it takes to be choosen as a pilot

Hi Chris

Can't help you with your question, but I am kind of curious as to what lifestyle it does take to be chosen as a pilot Big Smile
  •  10-17-2004, 7:48 PM 2625 in reply to 2579

Re: I know what lifestyle it takes to be choosen as a pilot

Chris here's the real skinny.  I'd recommend AFROTC in college.  While in HS...take classes you ENJOY the most.  Participate in sports you ENJOY the most.  You want your grades to be high enough to get into a college that has AFROTC.  Then, while there, major in a degree that you ENJOY!  I can't stress that enough.  Don't worry about being marketable or getting an engineering degree if it's not something you love.  What you study is less important than the grades you get...so try to study something you like.  When you're in ROTC in college there are a couple things that are important when getting a pilot slot.  GPA, AFOQT scores (the military officer equivalent of the SAT), and civilian flying hours.  And of course...commander's ranking but you can influence that greatly by doing well on the other three things I mentioned and not being a complete knob.  If you want to know what kind of GPA, flying hours, and AFOQT scores are gotten by guys that got selected for pilot training you can check out www.wantscheck.com and go to the "Pilot Slot Stats" page.  It tallies this info and is continually updated.  Hope it helps.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us