LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Is it too late?

Last post 10-17-2004, 7:42 PM by lilryno. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-28-2004, 10:31 PM 2605

Is it too late?

I am 18 yo and wish to become a fighter pilot. However, my Sophmore year in HS I had a crisis in the family and my grades fell pretty hard. In result I did not do very well overall in HS. I had to retake one year of math and science. However, my Senior course schedule looks like this...

Physics
    Trig
    English 12

in addition, im duel enrolled at a local college taking information technology courses in freshmen status as part of a degree.

Also, I scored pretty decent on the SATs (1220)

Since Sophmore year I have really pulled together well and my transcript clearly shows that but on my overall GPA and class ranking it has left a huge scar.

My question is, is it too late? Have I already screwed up enough? What steps are reccommended to recovery? (Aside the ones I've already made straightening out my HS career)

Also, does the Air Force look at things outside of school? (For example, Ive been working 2 jobs for a total of 40 hours a week and hold a sub-management position at one. I also have a good record of community service and like I said, Ive been working on a degree in college while finishing my HS career)

What do you think my chances are? And which paths should I choose?

-Aaron
  •  10-17-2004, 7:42 PM 2624 in reply to 2605

Re: Is it too late?

I'd go ROTC in college.  Easiest path in my opinion.  If you want to see continually updated statistics on guys that got pilot slots through ROTC or OTS you can check out www.wantscheck.com - it'll give you an idea of the GPA and AFOQT test scores (and flight experience) required to get selected for pilot training.  Hope it helps.

- Ryno
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us