LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Air Force Academy

Last post 01-31-2009, 6:18 PM by VAf22raptorFan#1. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-29-2001, 10:28 PM 1478

Air Force Academy

*** Posted by Norman ***
    Hello, with the Airforce academy, which i want to join, how hard is it to get in? Could somebody please answer this because i am a freshman in high school right now, and i am interested, in joining the Air Force, so i sort of would like some information on the AFA or the ROTC. If anyone has any information at all, or has a website they can direct me to, besides Airforce.com, i have gone there many many times, please tell me. Thanks! I really want to join!
  •  10-03-2001, 9:35 AM 1527 in reply to 1478

Re:Air Force Academy

*** Posted by SILENCE , SILVER ***
    I AINT GONNA BORE YOU WUTH ALL THE USUAL RUBISH I.E. EYE SIGHT. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH A AIR FORCE CARRERS OFFICE . ASK AT SCHOOL. THEY CAN HELP AND GIVE YOU CONTACTS . A FRIEND OF MINE GOT IN SO I WILL GET HIM TO PM YOU ON HERE. GOOD LUCK.
  •  01-15-2003, 8:31 PM 2116 in reply to 1478

Re: Air Force Academy

Approximately 10,000 - 15,000 people per year request the Pre-Candidate Questionaire (PCQ).
    Approximately 6,000 - 7,000 return them and start the application process.
    Approximately 2,000 are appointed by an appropriate source (Congress, President, etc).
    Approximately 1,500 are accepted.
    Approximately 1,200 show up for inprocessing.
    Approximately 900 graduate four years later.

So, approximately 6% of those who show interest each year actually graduate.

Now, being part of that last group, the graduates, maybe I can help answer your questions about the AFA. I can't help much about ROTC or OTS.

The most important thing to remember when trying to get in to the AFA is persistence. If you really want to do it, don't give up if they say "no" the first time you apply. I was not accepted the first time I applied. I went to college for a year and reapplied and was accepted. It took me 9 years from when I first wanted to go to the AFA (freshman year of high school) until I graduated from the Academy last summer. But, it was worth it.

Determination will get you in the Academy. If you don't get in, contact the Falcon Foundation to apply for a scholarship. Your Academy Liason Officer (ALO) will have information on both the Academy and the Falcon Foundation. Your college counselor at your high school should be able to get in touch with the ALO for your area.

The second most important thing to remember is that the Academy looks for a well-rounded person. They don't want a 4.0 student that never did anything else. They want a 4.0 student that played football and worked a job. They want team captains, Eagle Scouts, student government leaders...do something that you enjoy and be well rounded. Also, score well on the SAT and/or the ACT. You can combine scores...so, if you take the SAT twice and the first time you get a 700 Verbal and a 400 Math, then the second time you get a 500 Verbal and a 720 Math, your score as far as the AFA is concerned will be a combined 1420. Again, your college counselor will know more.

http://www.usafa.edu is a good place to visit. You can also visit http://www.usafa02.org to see the USAFA Class of 2002's webpage.
  •  07-22-2004, 7:39 AM 2511 in reply to 2116

Rainman02,

You said that it took you 9 years to be excepted into the AFA is it to late for a junior in highschool that isnt the best student but is involved in many clubs and sports with good leadership qualities??

Also a friend of mine is also considering AFA but he has failed a grade but his GPA is 3.2 and scored a 1382 on his SAT is there any hope for him?

Thankyou for the information helps alot ^_^
  •  01-21-2008, 6:00 AM 5116 in reply to 2511

Hello, i'm french. i'm sixteen and i would know what i need to do to join the USA Air Force Academy, ROTC, or OTS???

My eyes are perfect, i have 10/10.

Just at the end of high school, what i should do to become a fighter pilot in usa?

Thanks to answer my questions

Douglas

•  01-22-2008, 10:45 PM 5124 in reply to 5116

First, you must be a US citizen.  Then, you must apply to the academy (which includes academics, leadership, sports, medical, and extra-curricular aspects).

I have to ask, why the US Air Force Academy?  There are fighter pilots in the French Air Force.  The Mirage is a good aircraft, and the Rafale is excellent.  What would make you want to be a US citizen and USAF fighter pilot?  That is a question you must answer for yourself, before it is asked by others.

•  01-31-2009, 6:18 PM 6449 in reply to 5116

You are french and you want to join the United States Air Force. THat's awesome how people from different countries want to fly in our Air Force. I mean we do have the best air force in the world with the best planes. What plane do you want to fly?  A look I am 17 and I am American and i to want to be a U.S. fighter pilot and fly the F-22 Raptor, the most advanced and deadly fighter plane in the world. I also am going to the Air force Academy.
    What you need to join in the air force academy is a congressional nomination first. Which means you need to get a nomination to go to the academy from a US congressman. I just got my nomination last night from the Texas congressman of El paso. YYEESSS!!!!!  Then you have a good chance of getting into the academy after you get the nomination. Good Luck to you, I hope to see you there.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us