LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Laser Eye Surgery

Last post 12-04-2017, 4:10 AM by Haroldagraff. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-22-2007, 3:38 PM 4342

Laser Eye Surgery

Is it possible to have laser eye surgery and still be a fighter pilot?
  •  05-28-2007, 9:54 AM 4368 in reply to 4342

Re: Laser Eye Surgery

Yes

For years the only acceptable procedure was PRK, but it looks like they are starting to approve LASIK.  However, don't go get surgery by yourself, as that can disqualify you.  Talk to a DoD doc or current flight surgeon.

•  08-07-2007, 1:06 PM 4604 in reply to 4342

I believe it is still possible to become a fighter pilot after laser eye surgery. I have a friend that recently had lasik and is now a fight pilot for the air force.
  •  01-25-2008, 1:03 PM 5132 in reply to 4604

LASIK was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. Dr. Wiles is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help."

•  02-19-2008, 10:57 AM 5210 in reply to 4342

Many people love the idea of getting rid of their glasses and contacts, but they cringe at the thought of having a procedure performed on their eyes. We’re hoping that we can help people overcome their fears by providing accurate and helpful information about LASIK and other refractive procedures. With time tested technology and fine-tuned surgical skill, this procedure is one of the safest, most effective eye treatments available. And we believe the benefits far outweigh the risks.
  •  05-05-2011, 4:15 AM 10319 in reply to 4342

Hi mikef-22,
    I would suggest you to consult a eye surgeon,so that you may get good information from him or other wise you can search on eye surgery related websites for the information,you have two options to clarify your doubt.

Thank you
  •  08-09-2011, 9:12 AM 10606 in reply to 10319

I am currently trying to get back into the Marine Corps to be a pilot. I was enlisted aircrew before. Everything I have heard currently is LASIK is a no-go. I am just hoping that I can get PRK to fly!
  •  09-06-2011, 2:19 PM 10692 in reply to 10606

I talked to a Marine Corps Officer recruiter today, in fact, and asked him the same question. Overall, Lasik is a no-go. He said there is one kind of Lasik that is ok, but did not go into details. PRK is acceptable, but he recommended that I hold off, until talking to someone further.
  •  09-19-2011, 4:32 AM 10742 in reply to 10692

I do not anymore about laser vision capability in military. I have to search it on Internet and know about it.
  •  12-04-2017, 4:10 AM 15198 in reply to 4604

yes, exactly nowadays its ok.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home