LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What's better the Viper or Hornet?

Last post 03-18-2004, 3:18 AM by navair85. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-19-1999, 9:29 PM 928

What's better the Viper or Hornet?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

Now that the Super Hornet has hit the sky I wonder if it's better than the F-16? What do you think guy's?

Rapier
  •  11-22-1999, 1:03 PM 947 in reply to 928

Re:What's better the Viper or Hornet?

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***

Now that the Super Hornet has hit the sky I wonder if it's better than the F-16? What do you think guy's?

To start with, one have at first to concider which of the Hornet or Super Hornet is the best.
    I find it mystic that the hornet, wich was launched not so long ago with very fine statements, already have shown not to be the aircraft that the users wishes!?

Kim
  •  11-23-1999, 8:27 AM 952 in reply to 947

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [

To start with, one have at first to concider which of the Hornet or Super Hornet is the best.
    I find it mystic that the hornet, wich was launched not so long ago with very fine statements, already have shown not to be the aircraft that the users wishes!?

Kim ]

Super hornet mby join active in 2001, but Hornets r NAVY planes used as fighter/bomber and needs fighter cover and F16 is used only as fighter CJ or CG version r used 4 grnd strikes.
    Its impossible 2 compare this planes from different categories.
    Mby u heard about new F-16 ACE (Israel upgade), technical dates looking good.
  •  11-23-1999, 11:37 AM 953 in reply to 952

Super hornet mby join active in 2001, but Hornets r NAVY planes used as fighter/bomber and needs fighter cover and F16 is used only as fighter CJ or CG version r used 4 grnd strikes.
    Mby u heard about new F-16 ACE (Israel upgade), technical dates looking good.]

--------
    I ment: The Hornet did break with long use of bigger two-seater interceptors in the navy. This radical chance must have been decided out of several considerations in the Airforce as well as in the Navy. But at this early point it seems as the navy cant (or wont) leave the old principels, why the A 18 is getting modified towards the old Tomcat!
    Considerations around the quality of the Super Hornet is on this background to doubled: If the Super Hornet is better, would that only be in the terms of the navy, or is the Hornet already old and useless bacause of wrong decissions during the development?
    Israeli F-16 updates:
    I'm sure that any reader of this site is very interested in any informations that You would be able to provide, i.e. details, pictures & links, so lets hear much more from You!

Kim.
    (DK)
  •  11-24-1999, 5:14 AM 956 in reply to 953

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [

Mby u heard about new F-16 ACE (Israel upgade), technical dates looking good.

--------
    I ment: The Hornet did break with long use of bigger two-seater interceptors in the navy. This radical chance must have been decided out of several considerations in the Airforce as well as in the Navy. But at this early point it seems as the navy cant (or wont) leave the old principels, why the A 18 is getting modified towards the old Tomcat!
    Considerations around the quality of the Super Hornet is on this background to doubled: If the Super Hornet is better, would that only be in the terms of the navy, or is the Hornet already old and useless bacause of wrong decissions during the development?
    Israeli F-16 updates:
    I'm sure that any reader of this site is very interested in any informations that You would be able to provide, i.e. details, pictures & links, so lets hear much more from You!

Kim.
    (DK)]

and what about C/D tomcats and Supertomcats? all upgrades r primary electonical, etc.. technical upgrades r minimal same hornets, tomcats or falcon.btw tomcat is older than hornet but tomcat is only fighter (was some tests with carring GBU) Hornet replases very old A-6 (B)and A-7(FB) as fast FB multirole jet....

4 detailed info about F-16 check my hp here http://www.voodoo.cz/falcon
  •  11-24-1999, 5:28 AM 957 in reply to 956

[

Israeli F-16 updates:

Kim.
    (DK)

and what about C/D tomcats and Supertomcats? all upgrades r primary electonical, etc.. technical upgrades r minimal same hornets, tomcats or falcon.

-------

For the Hornet/Super Hornet it's a fact that the Super Hornet is significant bigger and also re-designed in matter of the wings caused by the "oversize"

Kim
  •  11-24-1999, 5:36 AM 958 in reply to 957

*** Posted by SKY ***

For the Hornet/Super Hornet it's a fact that the Super Hornet is significant bigger and also re-designed in matter of the wings caused by the "oversize"

Kim]

I know, I ve also all my Hornets page, I ment for "eyes" superhornets look same as hornets.
  •  11-30-1999, 7:56 PM 961 in reply to 958

[

Kim

I know, I ve also all my Hornets page, I ment for "eyes" superhornets look same as hornets. ]
    ------

All right then. But my participation in this debate is out of the question about the bigger Super Hornet would be better than the old Hornet. Arguments mentioning outlooks is not to be thrown in such discussion!

Kim
  •  12-01-1999, 4:52 AM 965 in reply to 961

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [

Kim

I know, I ve also all my Hornets page, I ment for "eyes" superhornets look same as hornets.
    ------

All right then. But my participation in this debate is out of the question about the bigger Super Hornet would be better than the old Hornet. Arguments mentioning outlooks is not to be thrown in such discussion!

Kim]

dont know if ll be better, I think all ll be similiar as old hornet, I mean flying performance, etc..... its same class fighter, with little design changes, its same like new falcons versions.
  •  12-01-1999, 8:52 AM 966 in reply to 965

dont know if ll be better, I think all ll be similiar as old hornet, I mean flying performance, etc..... its same class fighter, with little design changes, its same like new falcons versions.
    -----

BUT! It isnt! Comparising the two, the Super hornet is huge! If it wasnt because of it would be different why should it then have been rebuild i such radical way?

Kim
  •  03-18-2004, 3:18 AM 2460 in reply to 966

Re: Re:What's better the Viper or Hornet?

The Rhino(as the SH is getting called) is a completely different aircraft from the original Hornet. It has more powerful engines, a better radar, more payload capacity, more bombs per plane than the Tomcat, the latest in countermeasures technology, and a completely revolutionary flight profile ability which you can't tell just by looking.
    One feature it has is that there's NO AoA limit on the plane. It also has completely carefree handling.

The Viper is a generation behind, it isn't really capable of dealing with the Super Hornet when everything is stacked up.
    With the ORIGINAL Hornet, the issue gets redfined based on whether or not range is considered as a limitation.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us