LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Call Signs...

Last post 06-25-1999, 10:04 PM by anonymous2. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-13-1999, 11:20 PM 753

Call Signs...

*** Posted by Simon "ICE" Secher ***
    HI RUN! I was just wondering... You once told me that when they give you your call sign, they take three letters out from your name - now:
    1. Does the pilot have anything to say about which letters?

2. Is there a speciel system/order?
    - and in addition to that, would'nt it be possible for me to get ICE as a nickname(I've got all three letters)
    / \
    -o-o-
    |
    |___| - Simon
  •  06-13-1999, 11:46 PM 755 in reply to 753

Re:Call Signs...

*** Posted by run ***
    That would be a cool name. If you get accepted to start on the flying school I will see what I can do in order to get you that name. There is no system and the students don't have any say in the matter.
    run
    [HI RUN! I was just wondering... You once told me that when they give you your call sign, they take three letters out from your name - now:

- and in addition to that, would'nt it be possible for me to get ICE as a nickname(I've got all three letters)
    / \
    -o-o-
    |
    |___| - Simon
    ]
  •  06-24-1999, 11:40 AM 776 in reply to 753

*** Posted by Henrik Bach ***
    1) Normally the pilots don't have anything to say at all but they can ask for a new one in particular cases.

2) Duty Ops looks at the names of the students and randomly takes out letters to make a call sign. Example: My name is Henrik Bach and my call sign became "HEB". I wouldn't hope to much to get "ICE" as a call sign if I was you.
    "SIM" could more likely be yours.

Regards, Henrik.

[HI RUN! I was just wondering... You once told me that when they give you your call sign, they take three letters out from your name - now:

/ \
    -o-o-
    |
    |___| - Simon
    ]
  •  06-24-1999, 4:25 PM 782 in reply to 776

*** Posted by run ***
    [---snip----
    2) Duty Ops looks at the names of the students and randomly takes out letters to make a call sign. Example: My name is Henrik Bach and my call sign became "HEB". I wouldn't hope to much to get "ICE" as a call sign if I was you.

Regards, Henrik.]

Hi Henrik

Let's hope for him he doesn't get the name SIM. The name doesn't have to be cronological in order like yours. A lot of the names aren't, just see mine John Raahauge - RUN. But you are right about that they probably won't give hime the name ICE. Thats a little too cool for a student´;-)

RUN
  •  06-25-1999, 10:04 PM 787 in reply to 782

*** Posted by ICE ***
    Hello,

This here is the real ICE. haha.
    Did you know that not just the Airforce gives out nicknames.
    I was with ATC at Schiphol Airport and it got me the nick ICE.
    I won't tell you why, just wanted to let you know that the cool nick
    , as you guy's call it, is certainly given away.

Greatings ICE.haha.

[---snip----

Regards, Henrik.

Hi Henrik

Let's hope for him he doesn't get the name SIM. The name doesn't have to be cronological in order like yours. A lot of the names aren't, just see mine John Raahauge - RUN. But you are right about that they probably won't give hime the name ICE. Thats a little too cool for a student´;-)

RUN]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us