LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

HEIGHT

Last post 07-18-2008, 6:34 AM by aerodoctor. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-27-2008, 10:11 PM 5575

HEIGHT

I recently read that the Navy height requirements for a pilot is 62"-70" & 60"-78" for NFOs. In the article, I also read that you must be at least 32 y/o to be an aviator. Is all this true? I found this extremely disappointing considering my height. I'm a female measuring up to only 60 inches or 5 feet. As possible as it would be for me to become an NFO, I'd rather be the pilot... more specifically, a potential combat pilot. I know I could be an amazing one.

James Jabara is my inspiration. Although, him being 5'6" and considered short for a pilot.. seems a bit discouraging for me. Is there any way I could still become a pilot and maybe use blocks in the plane to give me a boost (much like Lt. Jabara did)?

I'm considering the Navy as well as the Air Force..leaning more towards Navy.

If you can help answer my questions, please do. Thanks!

•  07-18-2008, 6:34 AM 5629 in reply to 5575

Re: HEIGHT

Most of the Air Forces around the world take in pilots with minimum of 162 cms height. This is due to the anthropometry requirments of a cockpit. Your sitting height , leg lenght and the thigh lenght is critical in cockpit. you should be able to operate all controls and apply required pressures on the rudder pedals etc.

Look up for more on this subject from this resource

http://www.aeromedforum.co.nr

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved