LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Vipers and Sparrow

Last post 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM by MKopack. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-28-2006, 10:51 AM 3565

Vipers and Sparrow

Hello!

I've read that F-16 block 20 and 30 are capable to carry Sparrow missiles, but I haven't seen any picture with them. Do you have any ? And I'd like to know if Vipers in Europe during cold war used to fly with Sparrows.I don't mean ADF version.

Thank you for your help.

•  03-06-2007, 12:01 PM 4098 in reply to 3565

Re: Vipers and Sparrow

I haven't seen AIM-7's on Vipers operationally other than the ADF birds myself, but I believe that the first aircraft that was electronically configured to carry them was F-16A-10 79-0355. We sent her from MacDill (56TTW/63TFTS) around '88 out to the depot for some well deserved R&R. where she was loaned to the test guys to complete the mods. When she returned it was with a new set of weapons wiring diagrams showing the changes. We later saw some photos of her carrying Sparrows as a ADF 'prototype'.

Good jet.

Mike
    ex-Viper Crew Chief

3.7 million pounds of ordinance, 1303 sorties, 42 days. The 'Forgotten 1000'. Visit the Lucky Devils in the Gulf War at: http://www.lucky-devils.net

Grim:

Hello!

I've read that F-16 block 20 and 30 are capable to carry Sparrow missiles, but I haven't seen any picture with them. Do you have any ? And I'd like to know if Vipers in Europe during cold war used to fly with Sparrows.I don't mean ADF version.

Thank you for your help.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us