LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Concerns about airforce academy

Last post 07-17-2006, 4:10 PM by ATNEK. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-08-2006, 6:10 PM 3403

Concerns about airforce academy

Hi guys. I am currently a high school junior and I want to apply to the AFA. I know the standards are set really high. I don't know I meet the qualifications to get in. I have a 3.68 gpa, like 19 composite score on the act, which is average. Im involved in a church youth group, tutoring, student council, and varsity marching band.I know they want really high act scores. Do I meet the standards and even have a chance of getting appointed? This is something I really want. This is my passion. Can anyone please give me some feed back and advice? Especially those who have been in the AFA. Please!
  •  06-15-2006, 6:42 PM 3427 in reply to 3403

Re: Concerns about airforce academy

You are doing alot to try to get in. MM adcice that i would give you is to try to be more involoved in your comunite example raising money for some oganization. Your gpa looks good and you have a pretty good chance of getting in. If possible maybe you can higher your gpa even more. Jus remember thta the higher your gpa the better your chance of getting in is.

•  07-17-2006, 4:10 PM 3492 in reply to 3403

Re: Concerns about airforce academy

keep up the good work. Start talking to your high school counselors about the AFA. They are the ones you will need to get what you need done. If they dont know they can get the right people who know what needs to get done for you. Keep focused on your school and let the counselors do their thing. Let them know from time to time about any progress to your inquiry about the AFA.

I had a friend back in high school get accepted in the AFA. He was busy during his Senior Year but nothing he couldnt handle. I believe to enter the AFA, West Point, or the Naval Academy(?), you will need to be sponsored by your local congressman. (that process i have no idea about but if i recall correctly, your high school counselors can get the ball rolling for that). The Standards are intimidating yes but achievable by anyone wanting to enter the AFA.

As stated above try to get involved with your community. I'm sure you will know what needs to get done when the time comes. Community service will follow you throughout your career as a person serving the Military.

good luck to you.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us