LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

The most maneuvrable

Last post 05-10-1999, 11:36 AM by anonymous2. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-29-1999, 11:18 PM 186

The most maneuvrable

*** Posted by Julian ***
    Hi John
    What is the fighter that you have encountered in combat trainig which is the most maneuvrable?
    Which fighters were trouble for you in close combat environment like dogfighting?
    Thanks John
    TIGER
  •  05-03-1999, 10:11 AM 196 in reply to 186

Re:The most maneuvrable

*** Posted by RUN ***
    Mirage 2000 & Mig 29

[Hi John
    What is the fighter that you have encountered in combat trainig which is the most maneuvrable?
    Which fighters were trouble for you in close combat environment like dogfighting?
    Thanks John
    TIGER]
  •  05-10-1999, 12:26 AM 333 in reply to 196

*** Posted by Kim Nielsen ***
    [Mirage 2000 & Mig 29

Hi John
    ]

How does that fit with my personal sight of a couple of A 10's (I had to leave my actual worksite to check the distinctive and steady sound of two(slow) tankbusters!), beeing intercepted by RDAF F-16's:
    I mentions the slow A 10's turning each way as on a merry-go round, while the F 16's was left hard cornering out of sight from my place, meanwhile the A-10's found each other and their common flightpath again long inside my sight (probably awaiting for the next identical incident to come!)
    Though my sight only tells of the "dogfight-alike contact" the planes in between, and not of the reaction the "in live to be fired" missiles, but since the Question was asked for most manouverability I hereby sends the A 10 into the ring for competing!

The above, as well as my first, experience of the A-10 in very low flight over the "Finderup military training area", again followed by their incredible sound, is what have made them to one of my biggest favourites today!

Kim
  •  05-10-1999, 11:36 AM 335 in reply to 333

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [How does that fit with my personal sight of a couple of A 10's (I had to leave my actual worksite to check the distinctive and steady sound of two(slow) tankbusters!), beeing intercepted by RDAF F-16's:
    I mentions the slow A 10's turning each way as on a merry-go round, while the F 16's was left hard cornering out of sight from my place, meanwhile the A-10's found each other and their common flightpath again long inside my sight (probably awaiting for the next identical incident to come!)
    Though my sight only tells of the "dogfight-alike contact" the planes in between, and not of the reaction the "in live to be fired" missiles, but since the Question was asked for most manouverability I hereby sends the A 10 into the ring for competing!

The above, as well as my first, experience of the A-10 in very low flight over the "Finderup military training area", again followed by their incredible sound, is what have made them to one of my biggest favourites today!

Kim ]

I agree the A-10 is also one of my favorites & it can definetely make tighter turns than the F-16.
    But when you are in a dogfight I would definetely prefer the F-16. When you fight a slow tgt like the A-10 the key to succes is to keep the speed up & just do hit & runs until you get the kill. You shouldn't try to fight it in close in dogfights.

RUN
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us