LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Eye Requirements

Last post 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM by csBlaZe. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-25-2006, 11:22 AM 3225

Eye Requirements

Hi, im a freshman and have pretty much wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was 5 years old; however, there has been one thing that I am constantly worried and confused about. That is the vision requirements. Why the confusion? Well, for example, AF and Navy online recruiters tell me totally different information from what my personal recruiters and other websites tell me. My recruiters say you can go in and don't worry about it while the online recruiters say NO. Many people also say that you have to have 20/20 CORRECTED which I do but the requirements last I checked require that you cannot exceed a certain amount of nearsightedness. Still my recruiters say don't worry about it. I have a nearsightedness of 20/200 (Sounds bad doesnt it?) and have better then 20/20 corrected. AF requirement is something like no worse then 20/70 and Navy is like 20/30 (or 20/100 laisik if you get accepted) but then I hear that you can get waivered. But whats this? Online recruiters say NO. Who is telling the truth here? You would have though the military government woudnt contradict itself. Who is telling the truth here? All other requirements I meet such as height and stuff like that. Should I worry about this? Becoming a fighter pilot is extremely important to me. Ive always wanted to fight for my country and do it by flying fighter aircraft. I know its not all RUSH and High Speed addrenalin and all that ALL THE TIME but it is something I really want to be and im not going to let my eyesite stop me. When I think of earning my gold wings it almost overwhelms me with emotions (sounds cheesy but its true) and when I here the roar of a fighter jet I think its amazing. I am currently in the process of starting private pilot lessons so as to atain my private pilots licence and am working on my grades extremely hard. Also when I have attained my drivers licence I will start getting into leadsership programs and stuff were you help others out. This is extremely important to my life and I want an honest answer or opinion.

Thankyou.

(And I just noticed I posted this thread in the wrong forum topic... sorry about that!)
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us