LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

What if you have to start an airline?

Last post 06-22-2003, 12:03 PM by AirportsAndAirplanes. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2003, 9:43 PM 2126

What if you have to start an airline?

What routes would you operate if you have to start an airline?

I would operate an Okinawa-based airline, with routes to Taipei and Kaohsuing of Taiwan, and central Chinese cities like Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xian, Zhengzhou, so passengers can travel between Central China and Taiwan with least time by transferring at Okinawa, a Japanese island 500km northeast of Taipei, instead of Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Japan. Chinese reading materials, as well as audio and video channels in Chinese would be provided in flight, and there is always Chinese meal on each flight (since the airline is intended for passengers travelling between Central China and Taiwan.)

But I don't know how long the airline can last, as the authorities of China and Taiwan are discussing the direct flights between Taiwan and China. If such flights become true, then everyone travelling between China and Taiwan would switch to direct flights instead of connection flights.
  •  06-22-2003, 12:03 PM 2291 in reply to 2126

Re: What if you have to start an airline?

I would like to purchase a bunch of second hand Saab 340s from NW Airlink and fly them point-to-point in smaller cities. I had my eye on Mobile, Alabama because they have very little air-service for their size and proximity to nice beaches. Flights (much like Southwest) would have short turnarounds. I'd like to have service between Nashville, Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, and Mobile. Food/drinks could be bought at the gate so the galleys wouldn't be necessary and I could fit in an extra seat or two.

I like Saab 340s because they're small, efficient, and because NW is replacing theirs with CRJ, dirt cheap.

Another good market might be the Fayetteville/NW Arkansas and Springfield/Branson area for the same type of service.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us