LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Weapons, ECM, etc

Last post 05-04-1999, 10:50 PM by anonymous2. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-27-1999, 5:14 PM 144

Weapons, ECM, etc

*** Posted by Tiger ***
    1. Which types of air to air wep. does the Danish
    Air Force ise for F16?
    2. Do you always carry an ECM system in
    your missions?
    3. Have you ever ejected ? What was the cause?
    4. Have you been in a sit. to make an emergency landing?
    5. Do you like other fighters? Please specify why.
    6. Which fighters have you encountered in a real
    combat trainin world?
    Thank you very much John
    Tiger
  •  04-27-1999, 10:02 PM 149 in reply to 144

Re:Weapons, ECM, etc

*** Posted by Run ***
    1. Aim9L & AMRAAM
    2. Yes
    3. No, There has only been 1 ejection in the last 9 years in Denmark.
    4. What do you mean by emergency landing ?
    5. The Mustang because of the sound.
    6. MiG-29, F-18, F-16, F-15, Mirage 2000, Mirage F-1, Harrier, Jaguar, F-104, F-5, + some more.
    RUN
    [1. Which types of air to air wep. does the Danish
    Air Force ise for F16?
    your missions?
    combat trainin world?
    Thank you very much John
    Tiger
    ]
  •  05-04-1999, 12:28 AM 206 in reply to 144

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Air Force ise for F16?
    your missions?
    combat trainin world?
    Thank you very much John
    Tiger
    ]

Hi Tiger,

I know this message was not for me but what the hell. I dont know if you play any flight sim's at all. You seem as if you have because you ask RUN some interesting questions, anyway here's my setup in Falcon.

1, I use two AIM 9L on each wing tip and two or four AMRAMM inside of them for A-A combat setup. It's important to set the weapons up on the F-16 with an even weight balance or you could find that the aircraft will want to lean over, especially when using a bomb setup.

2, I always carry an ECM it will give you a much greater chance of not becoming a human missle.

3, I have had to eject a couple of times due to my aircraft exploding if I did not.

4, Yes I have had a Flame out on final approach in Falcon. You must Jettison all weapons and make your aircraft as light as possible to give you a better chance of surviving a crash landing.

5, Yes, the F-15 and SU-27. The F-15 is a fantastic aircraft and I am sure John will tell you that it was not easy dogfighting against one of these. The SU-27 is an amazing piece of kit. It was awsome to watch at airshows, it's a real crowd pleaser.

6, Not many, none to be precise but it would be a dream to have a go in real life to see how all the flight sim action compares to real life. I am sure most pilot's would be shocked.

Regards Rapier
  •  05-04-1999, 12:39 AM 208 in reply to 206

*** Posted by TIGER ***
    Hi Rapier
    First I play flightsims especialy Falcon 4.0 which I bought it 2 months ago.
    I think it is the best flight sim I have ever seen.
    So I presume you play Falcon 4.0 too.
    If you have any questions for me regarding Falcon 4.0 and F16 please let me know.
    Thanks for the answer anyway.
    If you want to answer to my John's questions please do. I would like to hear other opinions from different people.
    Thanks again Rapier
    TIGER

Air Force ise for F16?
    your missions?
    combat trainin world?
    Thank you very much John
    Tiger

Hi Tiger,

I know this message was not for me but what the hell. I dont know if you play any flight sim's at all. You seem as if you have because you ask RUN some interesting questions, anyway here's my setup in Falcon.

1, I use two AIM 9L on each wing tip and two or four AMRAMM inside of them for A-A combat setup. It's important to set the weapons up on the F-16 with an even weight balance or you could find that the aircraft will want to lean over, especially when using a bomb setup.

2, I always carry an ECM it will give you a much greater chance of not becoming a human missle.

3, I have had to eject a couple of times due to my aircraft exploding if I did not.

4, Yes I have had a Flame out on final approach in Falcon. You must Jettison all weapons and make your aircraft as light as possible to give you a better chance of surviving a crash landing.

5, Yes, the F-15 and SU-27. The F-15 is a fantastic aircraft and I am sure John will tell you that it was not easy dogfighting against one of these. The SU-27 is an amazing piece of kit. It was awsome to watch at airshows, it's a real crowd pleaser.

6, Not many, none to be precise but it would be a dream to have a go in real life to see how all the flight sim action compares to real life. I am sure most pilot's would be shocked.

Regards Rapier]
  •  05-04-1999, 12:49 AM 210 in reply to 206

*** Posted by Run ***
    [SNIP

]

Sure the F-15 is ok, but the F-15 jocks don't like to get to close & when we manage to sneek past their AMRAAMs, they normally loose the close in dogfights. Especially if we are low level, where the F-16 has an advantage.

RUN
  •  05-04-1999, 12:56 AM 211 in reply to 208

*** Posted by Run ***
    [ SNIP
    Thanks for the answer anyway.
    If you want to answer to my John's questions please do. I would like to hear other opinions from different people.
    Thanks again Rapier
    TIGER
    ]
    Good comment. This forum is ment to be a discussion forum & not a forum where you ask & I answer. So everybody is more than welcome to answer questions.

RUN
  •  05-04-1999, 7:13 PM 234 in reply to 210

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    [SNIP

Sure the F-15 is ok, but the F-15 jocks don't like to get to close & when we manage to sneek past their AMRAAMs, they normally loose the close in dogfights. Especially if we are low level, where the F-16 has an advantage.

RUN]

Hi Run,

Yep, I have to agree with you on the close combat situation, but I still think that the F-15 is really good a BVR combat, I think that was one of it's important design parameters. If you talk to an F-15 pilot I am sure they will tell you that it is a dream to fly, I dont know if you have had a go in one at all but I'm sure you'll be impressed if you did.

By the way RUN, how do you post an image. Do you have to send images by e-mail or some other method?

Regards

Rapier.
  •  05-04-1999, 10:50 PM 247 in reply to 234

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [SNIP
    By the way RUN, how do you post an image. Do you have to send images by e-mail or some other method?

Regards

Rapier.]

Just send it by email, and write inside the message where you want the picture.

RUN
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us