LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Aircraft focus: Boeing B737-200QC

Last post 08-19-2002, 2:25 PM by run. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-19-2002, 8:44 AM 1797

Aircraft focus: Boeing B737-200QC

Boeing B737-200QC is the only narrowbody aircraft that can be changed from full passenger configuration to full cargo configuraion in 1 hour, so it is very popular for operators of remote regions, like Aloha Airlines of Hawaii & Alaska Airlines, as these airlines have to transport cargo to the remote places without any other means of transport & having not enough passengers.

(See Boeing feature story for more details) <a href="http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/feature/737qc.html">(http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/feature/737qc.html)</a>

But its design is very poor in today standard, like the use of low bypass engines greatly increases noise & fuel consumption (though this offers short runway takeoff capability important for remote regions, and is not attainable by newer B737 nor A320), the very small overhead bins.

So I think a new quick change variant of single aisle aircrft like that of B737-200QC should be developed to replace the B737-200QC, with detachable overhead bins to allow use of large containers in cargo configuration, and much lower fuel consumption & noise than B737-200QC.
  •  08-19-2002, 2:25 PM 1799 in reply to 1797

Re: Aircraft focus: Boeing B737-200QC

Hi Lucasiu

Just a heads up. When you post links use " instead of '. Else they won't work. I allready edited the links you provided so far, so they work now.
    Nice job on posting. If you are interested in writing some articles for Avitop, please send me an email.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us