corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Is it possible to fly A Super flanker in the US?

Last post 03-21-2002, 7:20 PM by anonymous2. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-15-2002, 8:37 PM 1630

Is it possible to fly A Super flanker in the US?

*** Posted by Mobius 1 ***
    Hello, I was wondering if any one here in the USAF or any other militia has ever flown A Su-37?. If so do you think It will be available and possible to fly in the near future? Thank You in advance :-)
  •  02-15-2002, 9:38 PM 1631 in reply to 1630

Re:Is it possible to fly A Super flanker?

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hello, I was wondering if any one here in the USAF or any other militia has ever flown A Su-37?. If so do you think It will be available and possible to fly in the near future? Thank You in advance :-)]

I don't know, but you can get to fly a MiG-29, MiG-25, Su-27 or L-39 with Incredible Adventures:
    http://www.incredible-adventures.com/migs/

Run
  •  02-15-2002, 9:52 PM 1632 in reply to 1630

Re:Is it possible to fly A Super flanker in th...

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hello, I was wondering if any one here in the USAF or any other militia has ever flown A Su-37?. If so do you think It will be available and possible to fly in the near future? Thank You in advance :-)]

Any reason why it has to be the Su-37 ?
  •  02-15-2002, 10:21 PM 1633 in reply to 1632

*** Posted by Mobius 1 ***
    [Hello, I was wondering if any one here in the USAF or any other militia has ever flown A Su-37?. If so do you think It will be available and possible to fly in the near future? Thank You in advance :-)

Any reason why it has to be the Su-37 ?] Well........there is no reason in particular other than the fact that I just adore them and their capabilties.....I know it sounds childish.......now that i think of it I am a child,lol :-) Thank you run for your reply and info on the site.
  •  03-19-2002, 9:50 AM 1657 in reply to 1633

*** Posted by justin ***
    mobius, to my knowledge their has only been one Su-37 built. And this is basicaly a technology demonstater. This aircraft will not go into production. The closest thing the Russain airforce will get to recieving a Su-37 is the Su-35 which is actualy combat capable. The u-37 was not a combat capable aircraft as i said above, it's a technology demonstrater. It's main purpose was the collection of data from the 2D TVC nozzles it has. These are by no means the bestTVC nozzles on a flanker. The Su-30MKI has nozzle that attemp the 3rd dimension by canting inward. A full swing on the horizontal plane inwards is not possible however because of the tail boom, which houses all kinds of elecronic goodies i.e. EWR, ECM etc. Another thing that should be pointed out is that the Su-37s engines have been remmoved, probably because they would like to put a more advanced TVC nozzle in or to put the original engines and and do more tesrting with some other equipment. The most manueverable aircrafdt with TVC is the F-16 MATIV with the AVEN nozzle this had 360 deflection up to 20 degrees. However i believe a conventional aircraft such as the ef2000 Typhoon has the ability to out manuever TVC aircraft with it's large surface area canards placed well foreward of the cockpit.
  •  03-21-2002, 7:20 PM 1658 in reply to 1631

Re:Is it possible to fly A Super flanker?

*** Posted by Mike ***
    [Hello, I was wondering if any one here in the USAF or any other militia has ever flown A Su-37?. If so do you think It will be available and possible to fly in the near future? Thank You in advance :-)

I don't know, but you can get to fly a MiG-29, MiG-25, Su-27 or L-39 with Incredible Adventures:
    http://www.incredible-adventures.com/migs/

Run]
    FLYING RULES!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home