ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: F-119 Stealth Fighter

•  04-11-2010, 11:47 PM

Re: F-119 Stealth Fighter

The f-119 Stealth fighter was a real plane, however, obvious problems had to have put it in the recycling bin. First of all, I've heard that it was sent after a mig for some strange search and destroy mission. It was not used very much at all. And there is a picture of it on this forum, unfortunately it only looks similar to the aircraft in the game. Obviously, the wings were not designed right. They were extended too far. The game design was better for airflow and possibly stability. It would have glided like the shuttle. The problem with the plane if it was like in the game, is that the skin was not radar absorbent, but reflective and needed a radar jammer. From the looks of this plane, it was obviously bigger than most other fighter planes. The military might not have liked that. And yes, the f-117 looks like it would be an air to air tactical joke, especially after all the things I just read which I'm pretty sure I've heard before. I think that the f-119 should be remade, with the smooth triangler body. Of course the f-22 could do the trick, a few modifications and using its supercruise, would be a formidable stealth fighter. I'll finish this post later if I need to. But there is a picture of the f-119 in the archives on this forum. I read about the programmers who first designed this game. It was for the commodore computer system. In the middle of developing this game, military investigators came in and asked where they got the information to make this game because it so closely resembled their plane. needless to say, they were a little interested. The plane existed, even if it was for only one mission, or just sat unused in a hanger waiting to be scrapped after just coming off the drawing board.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us