ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: becoming a fighter pilot

•  08-18-2007, 4:47 AM

Re: becoming a fighter pilot

Hey, I'm a 19 year old male from South Africa.

I was able to fly an F-1AZ Mirage since the age of 16. I wanted to fly aircraft since I was six and strived to become a pilot since then. I never intended to become a fighter pilot, I planned on going into commersial. But recently I changed my mind. Only problem now is that I'm about to imagrate to New Zealand. So obviosly I'm going to have trouble becoming a fighter pilot.

Some tips for the younger kids:

To all you freshmans. You have to work your asses off! Maths, science and georgraphy is the key! Go to the next and nearest airshow near you and get as much information about flight schools as you can. I know the same has to go for the US than for SA... There are flight simulation programs out there that has get togethers atleast once a week. Those organizations normaly has peple who come to their areas to show every one the configurations of a HUD's (Heads Up Display) and the cockpit itself. While you are young you can get the chance to know the in's and out's of MOST aircrafts (especialy fighters). You can take up your rep by gathering information on aircraft as you go along.

I joined a group in my city called "VACS": Virtual Aviation Club Swartkop. Most of them are old men who are ex-veteran pilots and can no longer fly anymore. So they try to still live out their dreams, in simulation. These kind of clubs offer training for people of all ages! So try finding a virtual aviation club in your area.

For older people who are already in colleges and universities: The guys that spoke earlier in this forum know what they are talking about. And try to find pilots you can talk to about this more. You can never have too much information! You can learn the basics of lying right now. The internet is a huge place with information on EVERYTHING.

Here is a site you can get allot of information from fighter aircraft: www.fas.org

Try thy this F/A-18 information URL: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-18.htm

Good luck to all!!!

View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us