corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Getting Prepared For The Air Force Academy as a middle schooler.

•  04-17-2007, 11:49 AM

Re: Getting Prepared For The Air Force Academy as a middle schooler.

Hey everyone!

I'm a senior in high school this year, and I'll be going to college and participating in AFROTC. I hope to be a fighter pilot too, but I wanted to get a really good engineering degree because I'm interested in that too. So I decided to do AFROTC and not go to the academy. I don't know a lot about the USAFA, but I've learned a lot about how the AF works and how admissions into the academy works from other people I know that will be going there.

One thing I know for sure is that you are all WAY ahead of everyone else. Most people don't decide what they want to do until they're a senior in high school. That's really way too late for the academy (and anywhere alse for that matter). Setting up your goals early is going to help you immensely.

You sound like you're doing everything right, just keep working on it and you'll get there. There is no magic activity that will prepare you for it, you just have to keep slowly pressing on. Keep working on it all the way through high school and you'll be all set!

Make sure once you're in high school (sophomore, junior), that you get your state senator's recomendation! Some guys forget that little step and then find out that it's too late. I know in my state you have to get it during your junior year. It's really easy, just run a google search on "Air Force Academy YOUR STATE representative".

Keep up the good work, and good luck!

JP
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved