corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

My situation and do i have a good chance to join the Australian Airforce?

•  05-31-2006, 8:49 AM

My situation and do i have a good chance to join the Australian Airforce?

Hey guys, i am glad i found this forum. Let me first introduce myself. My name is Daniel, and i am currently 19 years old. Ever since the age of 12 i have wanted to become a fighter pilot. My father is a commercial airline pilot, which i guess stimulates my interest in flying.

I finished high school last year, getting above passes in advanced english, physics, computer science, business and economics. I studied advanced math but failed. I still managed to get into university and i am currently studying Business Commerce which i finish in about one and half years. I doing very well at university so far. But one problem still haunts me..my math grade. The Australian Airforce do offer opportunities for uni graduates not having the initial high school grades. But the conditions state an 'individual assessment' - i am unsure what this means if someone could please clarify for me?

The next little problem is my eye sight. I do wear glasses currently and i am trying everything to get rid of them naturally. I just need to ask if PRK (laser treatment) is 'frowned' up in anyway? and also accepted in the Australian Airfroce?

My lectures at uni tell me that my character is a very strong one, in the sense that people tend to listen to me and have faith in what i am saying. Whenever there is group work, i get nominated to be leader 90% of the time purely becasue i am easy going but also get the job done.  My lecturers tell me that i possess very good leadership qualities. I believe the course i am doing at uni has helped me grow that essence of leadership which i guess would be plus in the fighter pilot field?

Sorry for the lengthy post, there are just some things i wanted to get off my mind.
    I look forward to your relpies,
    Cheers
    Daniel ....'Dex"

View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home