ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: becoming a fighter pilot

•  01-31-2006, 2:12 PM

Re: becoming a fighter pilot

This will be my first post here, so let me introduce myself. I'm a retired type, 74, retired TWA 1987, LCDR USNR.

Since this is a "So you wanna be a Fighter Pilot" thread, I was one. Way back in the 1950's I flew Panthers, Cougars, and Banshee's. Went to sea on the USS WASP CVA 18 with a Banshee Squadron, VF-152, now I'm married to oneSmile

How did I get to be one? I started dreaming about it when I was 6. Honest. By the time I was in High School, I still had the burning desire. I got sort of a break when I tested positive for admission to the USMMA, Kings Point NY. I shot my way out of there in 1953 with a 3rd Mates ticket, a BSNS, and an Ensigns Commission, USNR.

http://www.usmma.edu/

They frowned upon Merchant Marine types going to flight training [8o|], but I DID get orders to Navy Flight Training in Pensacola. (Long story.)

This is THE way to go. College is paid for, in fact, they pay YOU! Room and board too. Then you get paid to train, in my case the SNJ-5, a real handful I had to master in 15 hours.

Time to sign off, it's nearly Happy HourStick out tongue
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us