ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Have I sabotaged myself?

•  03-17-2005, 8:32 PM

Have I sabotaged myself?

I'm a high school Sophomore and am starting to have troubles focuing in school.  It has been my dream to fly for as long as I can remember.  I am very interested in the Raptor but will fly anything they will let me.  I have had a lot of stupid obstacles thrown in front of me and am not fitting in well at school or having the greatest time with my family.  I, though I was outscoring 99% of kids nationwide and had completed most of what I need to accomplish in elementary school before I got there through a very good private school, somehow I never made it into GT classes.  My school is heavy on the politics.  This year I'm being allowed to catch up in math by taking Algebra 2 Honors and Geometry Honors at the same time.  When combined with my Enlish GT class and Chemistry my work can get a little heavy.  This year I have felt unable to think clearly and assimilate information as quickly as I used.  I am unable to focus in many of my classes.  I hang out with the cool crowd but really have no friends.  I never do any work out home or study.  I never had to study before and I learned everything right as I was told.  I don't do any homework outside of school.  My family really upsets me and I have spent tons of gas just driving to be away from them.  I still manage 3-4 A's and the rest are B's.  Athletically I have great endurance.  I swim well, play tennis, and can run great distances(I'm not the fastest sprinter though).  I only play tennis as a sport though and am lacking uperbody strenght.   I started going to physical conditioning but I'm still weak.  I max out at 130 so and am 6'2" 140lbs so I'm pretty weak.  My vision is pretty poor.  I'm sorry for making that so long and probably poinltess.  If you actually read it thanks.  I'm pretty down on myself and just have been thinking about the future.  Yeah all this whining and depressing stuff makes me sound like the perfect candidate to be entrusted with a 40 million dollar aircraft doesn't it?

My first concern is about vision.  I want to know if laser eye correction is acceptable and if not why.  I have to wear contacts and without them my vision is quite limited.  I'm also wondering if I have ruined my chances with how I go about academics and extra curiculars.  I know the physical strength and academic aspects are all on me and my only limitations are those I impose on myself, I'm just having a hard time staying motivated because it seems like no matter how well I do it doesn't matter. 

I wanted to go to USAFA but I don't think my high school career is up to par.  I am still very interested in becoming a pilot and plan to attend Purdue to get a degree pertaining to engineering or aviation.  So basically what I want to know is do I still have a chance after pretty much wasting my high school career?

If you actually read it thanks and sorry for typing so much stuff.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us