ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
Search  

Re: Air Force Acedemy

•  04-20-2004, 9:16 PM

Re: Air Force Acedemy

First, math is simple to me and i actually seem to like it. I've been through books and books and talked to people about the major i plan on taking. The thing is that i want to design and fly planes(fly as a fighter, design after i retire), now this want isnt weak, it is what i plan on doing with my life and believe me I havent taken ANYTHING lightly. And then theres the ROTC thing. ROTC is a back-up plain and simple as i will be in the military, I've already made that choice. Although there are certain activities in ROTC that you cant do for a couple of years in USAFA that doestn bother me one bit. I am actually applyign for all of the service academies, but my first choice is AF then it goes to West Point, then Navy , and then Coast Guard(for some reason they actually contacted me before i got to them:) ). And as for this quote:

"If you think being an engineer would absolutely suck and still want to be a fighter pilot, join the Navy. They don't care what major you are as long as you ace the ASTB in college(a standardized navy exam), which, one of the things it does is determine if you have enough mechanical aptitude to be a pilot. "

Umm.... that is also the reason for the academy. With the air force academy, or when you graduate you can get into flight school, and alot of graduates do get in. No matter your major you can take pilot training if you qualify, and anyways in USAFA you are required to take 2 years of mechanical engineering so why not just finish and get my degree.
View Complete Thread
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us