LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Falcon 4 players?

Last post 06-05-1999, 12:09 AM by anonymous2. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-31-1999, 12:30 PM 703

Falcon 4 players?

*** Posted by Melvin ***
    Anyone of you, play the Falcon 4 simulation?
    I'm playing it now, it's simply awesome. However i wanna ask you real pilots here, who have tried the game, whether the Falcon 4 game is truely accurate about the F-16? And to how what extend of accuracy?
    For those who haven't tried it, buy it now, simply awesome...packed with how the real APG-68 radar works..and lots more
  •  05-31-1999, 7:15 PM 704 in reply to 703

Re:Falcon 4 players?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello Melvin,

Yes I play F4 and it's a great sim apart from some anoying bug's but when they sort this out it is pretty realistic. Because it's quite realistic you need a meaty PC because of the 3d engines dynamics etc.
    The only drawback is that they have been forced to leave some classified stuff out (relating to avionics) from the sim as opposed to the real F-16 which is a shame but understandable. On a percentage scale I would say 75-80% realistic. I was talking with RUN once about how difficult it is to refuel in F4, try it, it's much more easier to refuel in the real aircraft because like RUN said, once the fuel door is open the aircraft allows for small gains which refine the handling of the aircraft when refueling making it easier to refuel. This is an example of one of the things they have missed out. The manual does show some serious stuff like landing procedures though and taxing.

Rapier
  •  05-31-1999, 8:52 PM 706 in reply to 704

*** Posted by Melvin ***
    Hmm...Rapier, so you have ICQ/e-mail?
    Maybe we can keep in touch.
    Anyway, I'm still pretty new about Air Force stuff...I'm only 16 years old, still in school.
    Maybe we can find a way where we can play multi-player, provided it's not at overseas phone-line connection, haha.
  •  05-31-1999, 9:52 PM 707 in reply to 706

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Melvin,

Yes I have e-mail (renzo.silvestri@net.ntl.com) or (FerrariFerrari@Yahoo.com), so if you want to keep in touch, for sure we can do this. I am no expert either about Aircraft but I love the F-16, it's the best. If you want to fly online then it's no problem & you should'nt be charged any more than your local telephone call rate, it's easy to get connected with F4 ;-)

I will be busy for a short while though so maybe in the near future ok.

Regards
    Rapier
  •  06-02-1999, 11:31 PM 713 in reply to 707

*** Posted by ICE ***
    Hello Marvin and Rapier.

Now i really have to get my hands on a bigger system. My 233 Mhz with 32 Mb is just to slow.
    And i wanna play along with you guy's and try out some serious tactics.
    Buggers.

ICE.

[Hi Melvin,

Yes I have e-mail (renzo.silvestri@net.ntl.com) or (FerrariFerrari@Yahoo.com), so if you want to keep in touch, for sure we can do this. I am no expert either about Aircraft but I love the F-16, it's the best. If you want to fly online then it's no problem & you should'nt be charged any more than your local telephone call rate, it's easy to get connected with F4 ;-)

I will be busy for a short while though so maybe in the near future ok.

Regards
    Rapier
    ]
  •  06-02-1999, 11:45 PM 714 in reply to 713

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Ice,

If your going multiplayer with F4 then yes I am afraid you will need a good/fast PC. The game demands this as it's big, but you can still run it ok if you turn the detail and realism settings down quite alot. I do recommend though that you save those penny's and invest in some serious exipment only when you can afford it though. When we all get going we will have to do a mission together like the real thing. I would also recommend that you learn F4 inside and out by practice as it is quite realistic, especially operating the Radar and it's sub modes.

Best of Luck

Rapier
  •  06-04-1999, 11:39 PM 722 in reply to 714

*** Posted by Ice ***
    Hello Rapier,

Hit the jackpot again, yes Falcon 4 is difficult to fly.
    And not just the flying, but the systems, awesome.
    I had a big smile all over my face wenn i unpacked the sim and saw the manual.
    Hm hm , big thick manual, i love it.
    Had a few goes at Falcon already, but it was frustrating to have to wait so long for it to load,
    and stuff that get's to you wenn you're flying it with a 32Mb system.
    Maybe i won't spend the money on a full system jet, but expand the Mb a little.
    Lets say, 128 or bigger memory.

Greetings from Holland, Ice.

[Hi Ice,

If your going multiplayer with F4 then yes I am afraid you will need a good/fast PC. The game demands this as it's big, but you can still run it ok if you turn the detail and realism settings down quite alot. I do recommend though that you save those penny's and invest in some serious exipment only when you can afford it though. When we all get going we will have to do a mission together like the real thing. I would also recommend that you learn F4 inside and out by practice as it is quite realistic, especially operating the Radar and it's sub modes.

Best of Luck

Rapier]
  •  06-05-1999, 12:09 AM 726 in reply to 722

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Ice,

F4 is only difficult to fly if your new to it, other than this it is a wonderful plane to fly. If you want to check how spot on the programmers have got the avionics in the sim to the real aircraft, head over to (www.combatsim.com) in the F4 section. It was recently tested with a real military F-16 sim and came very very close when they were timing the decelleration a 20000 ft in 50 knt increments, it came within .2 of a second. The real F-16 sim apparently fly's like the real thing.

It is true it takes ages to load and this can get frustrating especially when you have forgotten to set a parameter and have to go back to the main menu, but it's worth the wait.

I only have 64 megs and wish I had 128 because I have seen F4 running on a 128 meg system and it's as smooth as a babies back side. Yes try and get the RAM before you start serious upgrading but make sure that if you are going to upgrade to a brand new system that you can use your existing RAM to save you money. All I can say is read the manual, read, read and do some more reading to get the best from the sim. Unfortunately the weapons used in F4 are not as realistic as the real weapons because this is classified but it's still fun when your bombing targets and they cant touch you.

Regards, from the UK!

Rapier
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved