LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

RDAF F-16's are flying CAP over Kosovo

Last post 05-28-1999, 7:44 PM by anonymous2. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-27-1999, 11:32 PM 627

RDAF F-16's are flying CAP over Kosovo

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

I just found out some interesting news that RDAF F-16's have been given important resposibilities in Operation Allied Force. They have currently been given the task/s of flying Combat Aircraft Patrols (CAP) an important job which means protecting Allied forces while they maintain their operations. They are currently using AMRAMM A-A missles in the operation. CAP missions are not easy as they sometimes require the pilots to stay airborn for long periods of time while flying their CAP circuits.

It seems the RDAF is a key entitiy in the support areas and performs the tasks at hand well. Saying this I heard the news saying today that a pilot came close to being hit by a SAM missle. He stated that the missle came so close to his aircraft he could feel the turbulence it created to his aircraft. A lucky escape for that pilot and it shows that they are in a very risky business.

I sincerely hope they all make it back safley & this war will be over as soon as possible.

John I was also looking at the Danish version of the site and was wondering if you could tell me of how to get in touch with the Red Cross because it was in Danish & I want to send some clothing for the refugees, please, I feel so sorry for them and the children it makes me very sad and angry.

Thank you

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 12:05 AM 629 in reply to 627

Re:RDAF F-16's are flying CAP over Kosovo

*** Posted by run ***
    The danish F-16s started bombing 2 days ago, so now we are comitted both defensive and offensive.

With regards to the red cross. Why don't you try and search on the net ? I'm sure something will come up.

run
  •  05-28-1999, 12:28 AM 631 in reply to 629

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

The RDAF seem to be very flexible in operations. I wonder if it was an RDAF F-16 who encountered that SAM missle. We will only find out after this has all ended, maybe.

Speaking of bombs I just witnessed the biggest thunderstorm in my life all I saw was a flash, lightning very close and loud, you could feel the vibrations I thought we were being bombed, thats why I had to turn the system off. It came all of a sudden.

Have the RDAF had their MLU yet. Some articles I read say they have.

I just wondered if you knew any contacts about the Red cross because I wanted to get the clothes to them as soon as possible, because of their situation is dire. I will try to look and see what I can find on the net.

Thanks

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 12:35 AM 633 in reply to 631

*** Posted by run ***
    [---snip---
    Have the RDAF had their MLU yet. Some articles I read say they have.
    ---snip---]
    It's an ongoing process. Some are updated. We currently have 3 MLU jets participating in operation Allied Force.

run
  •  05-28-1999, 12:45 AM 636 in reply to 633

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

How do pilot's go about getting selected. Is it just the best of the best who get selected to go into operations or are there volenteers. If it was you RUN, what would be going through your mind, nerves, anxiety, rembering all you been taught etc.

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 1:54 AM 638 in reply to 636

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hi RUN,

How do pilot's go about getting selected. Is it just the best of the best who get selected to go into operations or are there volenteers]

Every operational pilot participates. You become operational after approx. 1 year of squadron service.

run
  •  05-28-1999, 1:58 AM 641 in reply to 638

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello RUN,

Do you still have to become operational? Is that so you can be trusted to do the job well. What are your personal thoughts on the brave pilots participating at the moment?

Regards

Rapier

[---snipEvery operational pilot participates. You become operational after approx. 1 year of squadron service.

run---snip]
  •  05-28-1999, 2:01 AM 642 in reply to 641

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hello RUN,

Do you still have to become operational? Is that so you can be trusted to do the job well. What are your personal thoughts on the brave pilots participating at the moment?

Regards

Rapier]
    The only reason I'm not down there at the moment is because I'm studying to become a Captain. I've been flying F16 since 93.
    I wish it was me ;-)
    run
  •  05-28-1999, 2:13 AM 646 in reply to 642

Good Luck on making Capt

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Good on you RUN,

Infact I'm gonna start calling you Captain from now on to start getting you in the swing of things because you will have enough Cadets calling you this your going to get sick of the word Hee Hee.
    I really hope everything goes well for you on your course, infact I know you will pass with flying colours (pardon the pun) because you are very clever and have good knowledge.

Rapier
  •  05-28-1999, 2:33 AM 648 in reply to 642

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

You said something interesting, why do you wish it was you out there? You do realise that in a real war scenario it is different. To be honest I dont want anyone there at the moment but I can understand your enthusiasm in fighting for what's right.

Every night I pray for the pilots to come home safely and for there to be no more killing. I love children very much because they are innoccent and if I was a pilot I would do it for this cause, I to wish I was there to sometimes.

You are a brave person to want to be up there, some pilots if they could choose would refuse because they have too much to loose. You are brave to say this.

[I wish it was me ;-)
    run]
  •  05-28-1999, 3:27 PM 653 in reply to 648

*** Posted by run ***
    Every pilot would want to be with their squadron when they are in combat. If they have too much to loose I guess they should have picked another job
    run

[Hi RUN,

You said something interesting, why do you wish it was you out there? You do realise that in a real war scenario it is different. To be honest I dont want anyone there at the moment but I can understand your enthusiasm in fighting for what's right.

Every night I pray for the pilots to come home safely and for there to be no more killing. I love children very much because they are innoccent and if I was a pilot I would do it for this cause, I to wish I was there to sometimes.

You are a brave person to want to be up there, some pilots if they could choose would refuse because they have too much to loose. You are brave to say this.

I wish it was me ;-)
    run]
  •  05-28-1999, 7:10 PM 655 in reply to 653

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    True, but when you are in real combat it is easy to be distracted by thinking of family and friends. This sometimes happens to soldiers and this is why they have to be strong in these situations.

Rapier

[Every pilot would want to be with their squadron when they are in combat. If they have too much to loose I guess they should have picked another job
    run]

•  05-28-1999, 7:44 PM 658 in reply to 655

*** Posted by run ***
    When you are flying you don't think about family & friends. If you waste energy doing that you are dead meat.
    run
    [True, but when you are in real combat it is easy to be distracted by thinking of family and friends. This sometimes happens to soldiers and this is why they have to be strong in these situations.

Rapier
    ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved