LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Dutch Mil.

Last post 05-25-1999, 12:54 AM by anonymous2. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-19-1999, 9:09 PM 519

Dutch Mil.

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello everyone,

I found a good site on the net while scouring about yesterday. It's called "dutch mil" and it features audio from Dutch military aircraft including F-16's. There's one particular wav of a Dutch F-16 pilot suffering from an engine stall at altitude and he's trying to get it going again while he's loosing airspeed and alt. Have a look, at (www.Dutchmil.demon.nl/audio.html).

Have Fun!

Rapier
  •  05-19-1999, 10:56 PM 527 in reply to 519

Re:Dutch Mil.

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hello everyone,

I found a good site on the net while scouring about yesterday. It's called "dutch mil" and it features audio from Dutch military aircraft including F-16's. There's one particular wav of a Dutch F-16 pilot suffering from an engine stall at altitude and he's trying to get it going again while he's loosing airspeed and alt. Have a look, at (www.Dutchmil.demon.nl/audio.html).

Have Fun!

Rapier]

Excellent little piece of com. It's always nice to hear a succes story.

RUN
  •  05-20-1999, 12:06 AM 528 in reply to 527

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hejsa RUN,

Yes I liked it as well I thought it was illegal to listen to military communications at first but I think it's ok to do it so long as someone does not interfere with the trasmissions. Could you imagine someone cueing over that conversation, it could of been alot worse but I think the military has some kind of protection for that sort of thing.

It might be an idea to use a couple on your site RUN, if you have the permission of the guy who recorded them. Do you know RUN I looked a little more on his site and he has got some serious equiptment for that sort of thing. He could also pick up the military base Fairford in the UK. Is it some kind of hobby?

Rapier
  •  05-20-1999, 2:24 AM 534 in reply to 528

*** Posted by run ***
    [Hejsa RUN,

Yes I liked it as well I thought it was illegal to listen to military communications at first but I think it's ok to do it so long as someone does not interfere with the trasmissions. Could you imagine someone cueing over that conversation, it could of been alot worse but I think the military has some kind of protection for that sort of thing.

It might be an idea to use a couple on your site RUN, if you have the permission of the guy who recorded them. Do you know RUN I looked a little more on his site and he has got some serious equiptment for that sort of thing. He could also pick up the military base Fairford in the UK. Is it some kind of hobby?

Rapier]

It is very much a hobby. Just like plane spotting, listening into the military frequencies is a big hobby for some people. They basically listen to the coms every day. I met a guy at an airshow who almost knew all the secret frequencies better than I did.

RUN
  •  05-20-1999, 9:20 PM 545 in reply to 534

Military comms

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

Would'nt this be bad in combat if the enemy could listen and understand what's going on? I know if I was a pilot I would'nt want my security compromised. I know they use all these code words etc, but if they are clever to know what frequencies the military uses they must be clever enough to figure out what's going on. They are clever people, dont you agree.

Rapier

[
    It is very much a hobby. Just like plane spotting, listening into the military frequencies is a big hobby for some people. They basically listen to the coms every day. I met a guy at an airshow who almost knew all the secret frequencies better than I did.

RUN]
  •  05-20-1999, 9:47 PM 548 in reply to 545

Re:Military comms

*** Posted by run ***
    It's not that big of a problem, because we have a special "warmode" which they can't listen into.
    RUN

[Hi RUN,

Would'nt this be bad in combat if the enemy could listen and understand what's going on? I know if I was a pilot I would'nt want my security compromised. I know they use all these code words etc, but if they are clever to know what frequencies the military uses they must be clever enough to figure out what's going on. They are clever people, dont you agree.

Rapier]
  •  05-20-1999, 10:33 PM 551 in reply to 548

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello,

That's good. The guy who runs that site was also explaining how NATO use's a wider range in the UHF band and uses something called channel jumping which is a form of scrambling the signal but he has published on his site ways of cracking this to listen to secret comms. NATO realised that this was not as secure as it would have liked so doubled the channels (an improved form of channel jumping) and improved the system, but he rekons that he knows exactly how this works and has listed the channels to secret ops in operation Allied force, even frequencies. Is Warmode 100% safe RUN or is he joking about being able to listen to secret comms. Imagine F-16's refuling, in a vulnerable position and SAM's targeted at their position, they would not have much fuel to play around with before it run out. What do you think RUN.

Rapier

[It's not that big of a problem, because we have a special "warmode" which they can't listen into.
    RUN]

•  05-20-1999, 10:54 PM 552 in reply to 551

*** Posted by run ***
    The radio jumps frequencies a lot faster in warmode.
    We can also do anything without talking on the radio, even tanker ops.
    RUN
    [Hello,

That's good. The guy who runs that site was also explaining how NATO use's a wider range in the UHF band and uses something called channel jumping which is a form of scrambling the signal but he has published on his site ways of cracking this to listen to secret comms. NATO realised that this was not as secure as it would have liked so doubled the channels (an improved form of channel jumping) and improved the system, but he rekons that he knows exactly how this works and has listed the channels to secret ops in operation Allied force, even frequencies. Is Warmode 100% safe RUN or is he joking about being able to listen to secret comms. Imagine F-16's refuling, in a vulnerable position and SAM's targeted at their position, they would not have much fuel to play around with before it run out. What do you think RUN.
    ]
  •  05-20-1999, 11:27 PM 554 in reply to 552

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hej RUN,

Wow, that's really cool! I did'nt know that. I got to say I find it difficult in Falcon when it comes to refuling, I'm ok in keeping the speed factor under control but as I get close to the tanker he jumps about all over the place, first up then down. I think I panic a bit and worry that I'll smash into him. I look at the lights under the tanker to guide me in and the tanker guy also helps me verbally but I still find it hard to connect. Has anyone got some tips on this, you know how to keep everything under control.

Thanks

Rapier

[The radio jumps frequencies a lot faster in warmode.
    We can also do anything without talking on the radio, even tanker ops.
    RUN]
  •  05-20-1999, 11:36 PM 556 in reply to 554

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi Rapier

I tried air refueling in Falcon 4.0. It is possible, but actually a little harder than the real jet. The reason is that in the real jet you go into takeoff & landing gains as soon as you open the air refuel door. This makes the jet easier to control when air refueling. Can you open the air refuel door in Falcon4.0 ?
    RUN

[Hej RUN,

Wow, that's really cool! I did'nt know that. I got to say I find it difficult in Falcon when it comes to refuling, I'm ok in keeping the speed factor under control but as I get close to the tanker he jumps about all over the place, first up then down. I think I panic a bit and worry that I'll smash into him. I look at the lights under the tanker to guide me in and the tanker guy also helps me verbally but I still find it hard to connect. Has anyone got some tips on this, you know how to keep everything under control.

Thanks

Rapier]
  •  05-20-1999, 11:57 PM 560 in reply to 556

Air Refueling

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

You have Falcon 4? How long have you had it and what do you think of it? Apart from a few bugs in F4 it's a cool sim. I know what you mean about the gains and this is noticable when you see a real F-16 docking with the boom. I think F4 does have this, though I am not 100% sure. I will have to check about the door.

Thanks

Rapier

[Hi Rapier

I tried air refueling in Falcon 4.0. It is possible, but actually a little harder than the real jet. The reason is that in the real jet you go into takeoff & landing gains as soon as you open the air refuel door. This makes the jet easier to control when air refueling. Can you open the air refuel door in Falcon4.0 ?
    RUN
    ]
  •  05-21-1999, 12:04 AM 562 in reply to 560

Re:Air Refueling

*** Posted by run ***
    I've just tried it once or twice, but I think it is an ok sim.
    RUN

[Hi RUN,

You have Falcon 4? How long have you had it and what do you think of it? Apart from a few bugs in F4 it's a cool sim. I know what you mean about the gains and this is noticable when you see a real F-16 docking with the boom. I think F4 does have this, though I am not 100% sure. I will have to check about the door.

Thanks

Rapier]
  •  05-21-1999, 12:27 AM 574 in reply to 562

Re:Air Refueling

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

It's alright but you are lucky enough to have the real thing at your finger tips RUN. This is my dream. One day it will come true even if I have to steal a real F-16, hehe ;0)

[I've just tried it once or twice, but I think it is an ok sim.
    RUN
    ]
  •  05-21-1999, 12:27 AM 575 in reply to 562

Falcon

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

It's alright but you are lucky enough to have the real thing at your finger tips RUN. This is my dream. One day it will come true even if I have to steal a real F-16, hehe ;0)

RUN
    ]
  •  05-22-1999, 10:08 PM 586 in reply to 562

Falcon 4 is it accurate?

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi RUN,

Would you say that it's accurate, try to be as honest as possible. Was it a demo or the full version?

Rapier

RUN]
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved