LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

F16 Viper - F18 Hornet Comparision

Last post 12-12-2007, 1:03 PM by F16 Fav. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-03-1999, 9:43 PM 972

F16 Viper - F18 Hornet Comparision

*** Posted by Viper ***
    Hi Rapier
    The question is : F16 Block ???
    Let's say F16 Block 50-52
    You cannot compare him with Super Hornet just because you dont know yet the flying envelope.
    But compared with F18 hornet C version
    here's the list:
    1. Thrust to weight ratio - F16
    2. Very low speed maneuvering - F18
    3. All around visibility - F16
    4. Supersonic speeds - F16
    5. AoA - F18
    6. Energy management - F16
    7. Engine survability - F18
    8. Avionics - F18
    9. Smaller radar cross section - F16
    10. Agility - F16
    You see? Now who's better?
    If you have additional comp write them down.
    Thanks
    Viper

•  12-04-1999, 7:53 AM 975 in reply to 972

Good point

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Viper,

Good points there Viper. I asked the question because I was very interested in peoples opinions of the 2 aircraft and it's great that so many people replied to this one because they found the comparisson interesting.

It's hard to say which one is the best they are very similar in most respects. Alot will depend on the pilot as well though, I feel. Alot of the people compare the aircraft outright when we also have to measure the aircraft with 2 equally good pilots. Reason is good pilots will be able to push the aircraft beyond it's limit's. Saying this we have to consider that the F-18 Super Hornet is a new aircraft and the F-16 is 20yrs old or so. The F-16 still performs well after all these years, this is what makes it a trully great aircraft and this is why I love the plane so much.

Regards

Rapier
  •  12-10-1999, 11:20 AM 992 in reply to 975

Re:Good point

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Hi Viper,

Good points there Viper. I asked the question because I was very interested in peoples opinions of the 2 aircraft and it's great that so many people replied to this one because they found the comparisson interesting.

It's hard to say which one is the best they are very similar in most respects. Alot will depend on the pilot as well though, I feel. Alot of the people compare the aircraft outright when we also have to measure the aircraft with 2 equally good pilots. Reason is good pilots will be able to push the aircraft beyond it's limit's. Saying this we have to consider that the F-18 Super Hornet is a new aircraft and the F-16 is 20yrs old or so. The F-16 still performs well after all these years, this is what makes it a trully great aircraft and this is why I love the plane so much.

Regards

Rapier]

F-16 still fighter and F/a18 is used as attack bomber and needs cover ofcr ve fighter configuration, but its unpossible compare f16 and F/a18 mby F16 and mig29. also ll be same new superhornet & F16ACE or CJ CG version
  •  12-10-1999, 6:50 PM 994 in reply to 992

Re:Hi Sky

*** Posted by Viper ***
    [Hi Viper,

Regards

Rapier

F-16 still fighter and F/a18 is used as attack bomber and needs cover ofcr ve fighter configuration, but its unpossible compare f16 and F/a18 mby F16 and mig29. also ll be same new superhornet & F16ACE or CJ CG version]

Hi Sky
    When you compare two aircraft even if an aircraft has bombs or something you dont actualy compare them like this:
    1. F16 with Amraams and gbu's
    2. F18 with harpoons and sidewinders
    I compare these aircraft in dogfight that means we have to include only air to air weapons , you see? In that case the weapons will be sidewinders. In dogfight F16 performs better. The F18 is not as agile as the Falcon.
    If you have some further questions just let me know.
    Thanks
    Viper (The F16 lover)
    PS : I'm not subjective!!!!
  •  12-11-1999, 2:55 AM 996 in reply to 994

Re:Hi Sky

*** Posted by SKY ***
    [Hi Viper,

Regards

Rapier

F-16 still fighter and F/a18 is used as attack bomber and needs cover ofcr ve fighter configuration, but its unpossible compare f16 and F/a18 mby F16 and mig29. also ll be same new superhornet & F16ACE or CJ CG version

Hi Sky
    When you compare two aircraft even if an aircraft has bombs or something you dont actualy compare them like this:
    1. F16 with Amraams and gbu's
    2. F18 with harpoons and sidewinders
    I compare these aircraft in dogfight that means we have to include only air to air weapons , you see? In that case the weapons will be sidewinders. In dogfight F16 performs better. The F18 is not as agile as the Falcon.
    If you have some further questions just let me know.
    Thanks
    Viper (The F16 lover)
    PS : I'm not subjective!!!!]

ok i ve writen about a-a configuration, f-16 still much better, why with gbu and harpoon for head 2 head combat?

u know what is called viper?
  •  06-15-2005, 7:32 AM 2956 in reply to 975

Re: Good point

YES GOOOOOOOOD............
  •  11-27-2005, 5:37 PM 3117 in reply to 972

No [N] how do we play sims on this site

doe anyone know how to play sims on this site? because i don't
  •  12-12-2007, 1:03 PM 4949 in reply to 972

Re: F16 Viper - F18 Hornet Comparision

Very good points being made!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships