LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Re:When a pilot ejects?

Last post 02-01-2002, 12:05 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-30-2002, 7:39 PM 1615

*** Posted by Mike Joyce ***
    pilots have straps on their legs and shoulders, etc. and when they eject, these straps are pulled tight, so his legs dont hit anything or fly

around.p.s. I can answer any question about ejection seats, if you or anyone else has any, my e-mail is perowave7@hotmail.com

[When a pilot ejects from say the F-16 I've noticed that his legs are under the dash. So how does he stop from getting his leg's chomped off?

Regards

Rapier]

Please don't change anything between the square parenthesis, but do erase this text.
  •  01-30-2002, 11:58 PM 1616 in reply to 1615

*** Posted by run ***
    [pilots have straps on their legs and shoulders, etc. and when they eject, these straps are pulled tight, so his legs dont hit anything or fly
    ]
    This is not the case with the F-16 seat (Aces II). Your legs are hanging free.
    Before you eject from an F-16 you put your legs forward (On the rudder pedals)and when you eject and the seat is rocketed out of the jet your feet will swing back and clear the dashboard.

Run
  •  02-01-2002, 12:05 PM 1618 in reply to 1616

*** Posted by Justin ***
    [pilots have straps on their legs and shoulders, etc. and when they eject, these straps are pulled tight, so his legs dont hit anything or fly

This is not the case with the F-16 seat (Aces II). Your legs are hanging free.
    Before you eject from an F-16 you put your legs forward (On the rudder pedals)and when you eject and the seat is rocketed out of the jet your feet will swing back and clear the dashboard.

Run]

My friend here at RAF Valley's father had to get out the RAF when he was a squadren leader of F-4S in Germany because he got to tall. If he ejected, his legs would be somthing that would be left behind. Unfortunate isnt it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us